• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antistatic wrist with 2pin outlet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

my power outlet has 2pins only, will connecting the wrist to case still work?

I always worry a lot about these stuff!

( as i know it doesn't have ground!!! )

Last edited:
Normally, the system being worked on should not be plugged in. Main exception is hardware debugging.

You can connect a wire from the case to a grounded object like a (metal) water pipe or the outside of a cable TV connector. Leave that connected as ground is always a good idea.

so unplugged case doesn't work?:( i don't have anything else around, and my room is carpet , and im not gonna bring my pc outside :D someone might damage it :p

isn't the powers ground same as this ground? so i could use an adapet and connect it to its ground ! (adapter ground to pc case, and my wrist to pc case!!!)

Unplugged case works... sure. It normalizes the potential. That said, I have never used a wrsit strap. EVER.

Ironically, I always heard to plug the PSU in but keep it off... that way the PC is grounded...

lol :D me too, but well, i saw it on the site i was ordering something and said why not, its only 1$ and i pay for shipping anyway ! :D

always had an heart attack every time i opened the case :D

thanks a lot

Back