• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx8320 socket temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cherev

Registered
Hey,

My non-overclocked fx8320 reaches a socket temp of 64/65 after a couple of hours of gaming (core temp around 51). Should I worry and do something about the socket temp?

Kind regards,

Last edited:
I doubt I would lose any sleep over that socket temp after that extended game play.

U don't mention the motherboard in question but when socket temps rise over time it is usually the computer case not removing the hot air from the case quickly enough or secondly the VRMs on the mobo heating up over time from supplying a lot of current to the processor. Here again it can all probably point to air with heat in it remaining inside the computer case.
RGone...

Hey RGone,

Thanks for replying!

The motherboard in question is and m5a99fx pro r2.

Cheers,

The M5A99FX PRO R2.0 motherboard...

...has been used by a few of the 'helpers' here in this forum section and is good for about 4.5Ghz with awesome watercooling and with a fan blowing down onto the VRM section of the heatsink between cpu socket and the I/O ports that are at the rear of the mobo.

I would say the majority of us in here that push an 8 core FX using water cooling have a fan blowing on the VRM sink to replace the missing overflow air that comes from an air cooling cpu cooler and most of us also have air blowing onto or away from the rear of the cpu socket of the mobo.

Not knowing how fast you are pushing the cpu since you do not elaborate...if you are gaming fine and intend to remain where you are...then game on. If you cannot shake your concern about the socket temps, then put some fan air blowing on the VRM sink or get better air flow thru the case.
RGone...ster.

Back