• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios splash screen "stretched out" with new card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I went from a 580 to a 980 today. DId a clean driver install. Ever since I put the 980 in, the bios POST screen is all stretched out. It extends past the left and right borders of the screen and is almost illegible.

When I press DEL and get into the actual bios, that's all stretched out too. I'm worried. Defective card? Fixes? Help!

I'm using HDMI to a 32" LCD TV

No issues before with the 580.

I called EVGA tech support and a very laid back guy was like "ya, maybe you should RMA it. Try a different cable. Try it in a different computer"... so I guess I will.

Other thoughts? Please? I'm very worried my new card might be wonky it was very pricey...

Last edited:
Do you have access to a normal monitor? Try hooking it up to an actual computer monitor. Also you might want to try and reset tv settings

Sounds like a TV aspect ratio setting issue to me. You may be in Zoom or Stretch mode instead of the 1:1 mode.

I wouldn't say of course, because a lot of UEFI's now days are 1080p... ;)

I don't believe the card to be defective.

i dont think ive ever had a splash screen not stretch out.

Sounds like the new BIOS adjusting for overscan where the old GPUs didn't.
As Matt and EarthDog said.

It's a TV. Unless you're using a "PC" input on the TV you're likely to have issues.

Back