• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED What cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

I just pulled a socket 1156 evga P55 micro from my daughters comp. I am thinking about getting a new cpu for this mobo. I am looking for recommendations. If it is even worth doing??

Last edited:
For something like a HTPC it would be well suited. The problem is that the 1156 socket was very short lived meaning limited supply of good used CPU's. I did see a couple of i7 875k's floating around ebay for $130-150. I had a i3 540 which overclocked to 4.8ghz on air and was able to play every game on the market happily.

Looks like I have a problem. The systems will shut down while I try to install OS. It restarts by itself.

Looks like I have a problem. The systems will shut down while I try to install OS. It restarts by itself.
It would help to list the system specs...list any troubleshooting you may have done...

First thing that comes to mind are temp or power issues though.

It was the psu. Of course I have no replacement except a huge 1500w.:mad: Thanks for the replies.

Back