• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Open and comfy headphones for ~$30?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JT!

I'm looking for a set of circumaural open headphones. I currently have a set of HA-RX 700, they're great for everything other than talking to people on skype with, which I have been doing while gaming for 4 hours at a time with one cup oddly positioned to I can hear my own voice. Without doing this I talk like a def person.

I basically want something that's open and as comfortable as possible for somewhere between $25-$35. I'm not really fussed about sound quality, or the color. But they must have a 3.5mm input and not be usb.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :beer:

Try setting the sound card to let through a little of the microphone signal into the headphones. (This is known as "sidetone" in telecommunications.) Experiment to find out the best amount.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidetone

Another thing to try is to loosen up the headphones so they don't form a good seal.

I tried that, didn't like it. Plus I still want to use these for blasting music without the entire house hearing it.

Back