• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD A-10 7850K Original state overclokable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sgt_anto

Hi, I just bought my computer but I want to overclock its performance especially that of the processor as AMD say it is very overclockable. If you know how I can do a overclock everything would be even better :) I know barely how to OC and I use the programs such as AMD Overdrive, MSI Afterburner and AMD Catalyst. All my drivers are up to date.

This is what I have:
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
-motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 FM2+/FM2 AMD A78 (Bolton D3) SATA 6gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
-Processor: AMD A10-7850K APU with Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics
-GPU MSI Radeon R9 290X Gaming Twin Frozr IV 1040MHZ 4GB 5GHZ GDDR5 HDMI DP 2xDVI PCI-E Video Card
-RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memomy Model BLS8G3D1609S1S00
-Powersupply: 750 W
-1 TB memory

I would like some help and it would be very appreciated!!!

What are you using to cool the Apu?

Yes the A10-7850k is overclockable, the problem is this MSI A78M-E45 FM2+. Your motherboard while may have the options to Oc isn't really made to Oc. The section that provides the power to the Cpu is underwhelming at best and also doesn't have heatsinks on it to dissipate the heat that will be produced when you feed the processor more voltage, in order to Oc.
Can it be done, yes but be very careful with that board or it may give up the ghost and take other components with it.
Here is a guide you can follow to Oc.

Back