• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PowerColor PCS+ 7950 OC Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alzerm

I have yet to OC a gpu but I have read into it slightly. I am using 3DMark so far just to do mild testing. I am not sure if that is suitable for testing the stability alone? OCCT and game play itself will come after but I want to make sure it is at least slightly stable under that benchmark for now.

I am using MSI Afterburner and Fire Strike in 3DMark. I have set power limit to 20% and attempted to slowly bump core clock in 5mhz increments and benching while leaving the memory clock alone. I noticed that at 1030mhz core clock scores are higher than 1035mhz. I looked into this and something about a power wall? Voltage was already upped from 1094 tp 1100 and my Fire Strike score went down a bit 6244 to 6238 after the 5mhz bump.

My question is am I bumping the proper voltage? Anything else I should change? My temps also peaked to 72C. At stock temps with the fan set to auto it never goes past 65C while gaming. Turned on all these other case fans I have and the card peaks at 72C during the benchmark.

Back