• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

I was looking for 5 120mm non Led Case fans and I am open for suggestions ??? I was considering Yate loons but I was wondering if there is something better for about the same price and I am looking to keep it quite system..

Thanks

Don't those also cost a lot more than the YL? I wouldn't call $20 /fan about the same price as the sub $5 YL...

'Tis true. However...it's a helluva fan.

Seems the domain for martin's liquid lab has lapsed is no longer pointing to any content. Don't know where any more recent info is archived now. I used Arctic Cooling F12s for a while, and they're relatively quiet, but compared to the GTs...there is no comparison. But this was for a WC setup. In a free air setup...GTs will still win in noise.

Oh I agree with you 100%. I was just looking at the OP's request of 'around the same cost'. :)

Sadly the only thing OP will find near the same cost will be far inferior products. Cooler Master comes to mind. They're not terrible and they're not quiet.

How does the old saying go?

High air flow + Quiet = Not Cheap
High air flow + Cheap = Not Quiet
Quiet + Cheap = Low Air Flow

Choose wisely.

Sadly the only thing OP will find near the same cost will be far inferior products. Cooler Master comes to mind. They're not terrible and they're not quiet.

How does the old saying go?

High air flow + Quiet = Not Cheap
High air flow + Cheap = Not Quiet
Quiet + Cheap = Low Air Flow

Choose wisely.

I was looking at your "ole saying" and something struck me. Yeah ole faht not moving as fast as used to. Hehehe. Seems anywhere you apply the "cheap" modifier...the results get really skewed for the worse or might just be me going nutso.

RGone...

Cheap fans usually put off more heat as well since they usually use a less efficient motor. I would recommend not going extremely cheap on fans.

Considering that most fans are a couple of watts at most... I wouldn't worry about heat at all.

My suggestion depends on color scheme. I am a big fan of Silverstone products. Low sound and longevity

I was looking for 5 120mm non Led Case fans and I am open for suggestions ??? I was considering Yate loons but I was wondering if there is something better for about the same price and I am looking to keep it quite system..

If you want a quiet system you won't buy YL's. At 1350 rpm, they're not quiet. Now, they work fine on 5v, which you can get by crossing wires. But about half the fans you get from YL click, and they get nasty at 5v.

You can get cherry-picked 1000-rpm YL's from Nexus, but they cost $11-12 from New Egg. At Directron, you can get a 950 rpm fan for $4.99 or a 1000-rpm Gelid for 7.99.

I myself use an 800-rpm Nominal Gentle Typhoon and an NF-P12 on a LNA, 900 rpm nominal, because they have good static pressure and they are pulling through a dust filter. Anything under 1000 rpm is quiet. Heck, I have a $2 generic that I'll put up next to anybody's sleeve bearing fan.

Back