• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any good gaming keyboard at under $50?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How long did you have the 710+ and how do you feel about the keys on the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition?

I've had mine over two years, zero issues with it.
Tried one of those Razers in-store, keys felt mushy.

Do most keyboard bring a 3 year warranty?

No. Most come with 1 year, some come with 2 years. Logitech usually has a 3 year, I know my G710+ and G700 both have a 3 year.

Had it for 4 maybe 5 months. Ive never touched a stealth just a blackwidow.

Logitech came with a 2yr warranty

Wrong, it's 3-year. Check the Logitech site.
You should RMA it, their support is amazingly easy to work with.

I am gonna rma it then sell it to some chump. You wanna buy it??

If I didn't have one I would LOL.
They're solid keyboards, you simply have one faulty switch on yours. That's not even an issue on the Logitech side, that's a rare failure of a Cherry switch.

I've had mine over two years, zero issues with it.
Tried one of those Razers in-store, keys felt mushy

Felt nearly identical the corsair k70 mx blue at the store when I tried em. Might be something to do with durability then?

Ok about the razer thing...

I'm at best buy and the black widow ultimate and black widow chroma CLEARLY are two different keys. The ultimate feels mushy, the chroma is near identical to an mx blue. Even took a video and you can CLEARLY hear a difference.

The Ultimate uses Cherry switches, the Chroma is a "Razer" switch.

If the keyboard doesn't have a metal plate that the PCB and switches are all mounted to then it feels mushy to me.

The Ultimate uses Cherry switches, the Chroma is a "Razer" switch.

If the keyboard doesn't have a metal plate that the PCB and switches are all mounted to then it feels mushy to me.

Both are advertised with "All new razer mechanical switches". Not mx switches any more. The ultimate felt mushy, the chroma did not

Both are advertised with "All new razer mechanical switches". Not mx switches any more. The ultimate felt mushy, the chroma did not

That must have changed with a newer year of revision, I'm pretty sure the Ultimate was a Cherry switch when it released.

I remember feeling that keyboard and feeling mushy. I was not sure if I like that or not but who knows I am not experience with keyboards even though I still need one badly. Freaking keys on mine are sticking.

Last edited:
I like my blackwidow ultimate, says on the box the keys are like 35% easier to press then the other models. Only thing i dont like is that it doesn't have a wheel for volume control.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i lied says nothing about percentage, but does say easier to press. Not sure where i got percentage from :/

I remember feeling that keyboard nad feeling mushy. I was not sure if I like that or not but who knows I am not experience with keyboards even though I still need one badly. Freaking keys on mine are sticking.

Yeah, I can't see a discernible reason why it would be different. I'll upload the video, you can HEAR how it even sounds different

I like my blackwidow ultimate, says on the box the keys are like 35% easier to press then the other models. Only thing i dont like is that it doesn't have a wheel for volume control.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i lied says nothing about percentage, but does say easier to press. Not sure where i got percentage from :/

The Razer keys have the same 50g actuation force as many Cherry keys.

ITAngel, go buy yourself a good mechanical and be done with it.
What were your requirements again? Full Size, MX Brown, Volume Roller, and Backlight?

The Razer keys have the same 50g actuation force as many Cherry keys.

ITAngel, go buy yourself a good mechanical and be done with it.
What were your requirements again? Full Size, MX Brown, Volume Roller, and Backlight?

Well everything you said but I am okay with any kind of volume setup. I am just trying to find the best one that will work for me that will not break bank. Still like that G-710+but trying to see if i can do better with the same price or less. One i been looking at is the Razer - Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2014 Elite Mechanical but I wish it had a better style look to it. Funny thing I do like the style of the Steelseries APEX better. I was thinking of picking one up from Best Buy just in case I don't like it I can return it and grab something else.

Last edited:
Back