• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any good gaming keyboard at under $50?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you add wireless (usb, no bluetooth) does that bring this list down to none? Id like a descent keyboard too, but I have no want to be chained down

Very few wireless mechanical keyboards on the market, they pull too much power.
Very few gaming keyboards that are wireless because it induces latency, and no serious gamer wants that.

What you guys think about the SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard? Are they worth it?

Another keyboard I have in mind for sure so far that I like is the Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue.

I own the Steelseries APEX. My friend owns the devastator. The devastator is the superior keyboard in feel. My apex has more fancy stuff on it though if thats important to you.

Currently the Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard seems very appealing due to features, mechanical, and plus sound is quite. Also comes with the dampening rings. Other than that, is so hard to choose a keyboard with so many options. What I really want is good keys that will not fatigue my hands. Volume button because I us that more than anything and pretty much that is about it.

Currently the Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard seems very appealing due to features, mechanical, and plus sound is quite. Also comes with the dampening rings. Other than that, is so hard to choose a keyboard with so many options. What I really want is good keys that will not fatigue my hands. Volume button because I us that more than anything and pretty much that is about it.

The G710+ is a very nice board.

If you're used to a membrane then typing on it will be an absolute breeze.

The G710+ is a very nice board.

If you're used to a membrane then typing on it will be an absolute breeze.

Yea, did try the new one the Logitech G910 and man felt in love with it, after I saw the price I was like holy sh*t.... and backed away. If I have a way to get my hands on one by selling some stuff around. I think I would pick it up. XD

Yea, did try the new one the Logitech G910 and man felt in love with it, after I saw the price I was like holy sh*t.... and backed away. If I have a way to get my hands on one by selling some stuff around. I think I would pick it up. XD

$100 on Amazon right now, I'd say that's a solid price.

lol nah i just thought it was funny. like in austin powers: Goldmember when dr.evil is trying to get Mini-Me to leave so he basically ordered everyone in the building to leave but then pointed out each person that could stay and it was everyone BUT mini-me.

I got a Razer Blackwidow Chroma 2 months ago and I love it but with 1 exception............

I might be having to RMA it as I have only had it 2 months and the switch for my ESC key is hanging or double stroking. $160 yeah Im pissed off.

Other than that I love it and it's worth every penny

A buddy of mine picked up the Chroma 3 weeks ago, and he said that he loves it, but every once in a while random keys hang. Doesn't seem to me like the new Razer switches are all that great.

Not mechanical but they are very good...

was going to suggest the microsoft sidewinder x4 (26 key anti-ghosting) with multiple profiles and programmable...i got it back in 2012 for around $40 but prices on it are going crazy and im not sure why. Newegg has it for $256 now. WHAT?!

Otherwise, a great budget combo Cooler Master Devastator. My brother got it and even though it isn't mechanical, it actually has a similar feel and he uses it for gaming great. The mouse it comes with is nice too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129030

Great price on top of that.

I do appologize I saw your post before recommending the CM Devastator but I forgot to post as I was at work and totally forgot to put a Thank You to you. I am still considering picking up two of those keyboard one for me and one for my wife. I just been kind of hard deciding if I want to go that route or the Logitech Mechanical route. For the price I can't complain $60 dollars for two keyboards and two mouse. That is pretty sweet. I heard people get tired typing on that which is my current issue. Decision, decisions.

I do appologize I saw your post before recommending the CM Devastator but I forgot to post as I was at work and totally forgot to put a Thank You to you. I am still considering picking up two of those keyboard one for me and one for my wife. I just been kind of hard deciding if I want to go that route or the Logitech Mechanical route. For the price I can't complain $60 dollars for two keyboards and two mouse. That is pretty sweet. I heard people get tired typing on that which is my current issue. Decision, decisions.

I havent had an issue with it typing up various letters for my mom when i was over there using my brother's PC. Let us know what you end up with!

I havent had an issue with it typing up various letters for my mom when i was over there using my brother's PC. Let us know what you end up with!

I see, well I have not made up my mind yet still jumping between which keyboard for the price is best. I may get a high end for myself then later on one for my wife or mid range for my wife and myself. So I am not sure yet witch one to go after. I may play around at best buy with some of the keyboards again and see. If I got two keyboards I was thinking the CM Storm Devastator and SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard.

-Main options-
Corsair Vengeance K70 Black Cherry MX Brown - $129.95 @ Amazon
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition Elite Mechanical - $99.00 @ Amazon
SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard - $69.99 @ Amazon
ROCCAT RYOS MK Pro Mechanical - 169.99 @ Amazon
Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical - $179.99 @ Best Buy

-Other options-
CM Storm Devastator Red - $27.87 @ Amazon
Razer DeathStalker - $57.99 @ Amazon
Corsair Gaming Keyboard (Raptor K30) - $59.99 @ Amazon

My wife wants me if I get a keyboard that is expensive to make sure it is one I will keep for a long time. Is kind of hard to know without being able to feel them and see which one will work best for me. Also when I play with her MMO, her keyboard button sticks were her character will spin in circles. So I been thinking maybe getting two regular but good keyboards for us.

Last edited:
Well my G710s "S" just stopped working. So i went and got a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. I prefer the keys better then the G710. But i do miss the Scroll for volume on the G710. Im a fan of razer products, i have there headset as well.

Well my G710s "S" just stopped working. So i went and got a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. I prefer the keys better then the G710. But i do miss the Scroll for volume on the G710. Im a fan of razer products, i have there headset as well.

Was it out of warranty or something?? It shouldn't be, it has a 3-year on it...

Which headset? I've used two of theirs and wasn't ever impressed.

How long did you have the 710+ and how do you feel about the keys on the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition?

Back