• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the besr graphicks card for streaming movies?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1033ruben

Registered
as per title i am looking to upgrade my gpu all i ever use my rig for is to stream movies and such i dont game like at all. my rig is currently foxconnn g33 mobo, 8 gb ddre2 patriot memory 6400LL series, 80 gb intel ssd, 160 gb hitachi HDD, Xeon X5460 cpu overclocked to 1600 fsb, rosewill capestone 750 psu, ad my current gpu is a msi amd radeeon hd5450.
im just looking to get better video image quality whenever i play movies from either the internet , downloaded, or from my br/dvd player.
or is it just as good ad im goig to get with my hd5450.oh yeah my budget is about $100.
thanks
ruben

no the video doesnt lag or have choppiness i guess i am talking about the clearness of the image and yes my case can/does take full height cards.
THANKS
RUBEN

Your bluray should look just fine on that card. The streaming items probably not but that isn't because of the card, it is because of the source (most times).

You won't notice any difference in image quality if you're just using 1080P. The HD5450 doesn't support 4K according to http://www.amd.com/en-gb/products/graphics/desktop/5000/5450# , but unless you have a 4K TV there shouldn't be any benefit buying a new card. For 2D, I noticed no difference going from a HD5450 to a GTX 680 in my HTPC regardless of the movie quality.

Maybe you need to calibrate your TV if you're noticing an issue with the image quality from multiple sources.

Are you streaming videos from, say, Netflix? This is your problem, if so, as Netflix doesn't support HD video playback on PC right now. Same with Vudu and probably most video services. If the picture quality isn't what you want, that's probably why.

Are you streaming videos from, say, Netflix? This is your problem, if so, as Netflix doesn't support HD video playback on PC right now. Same with Vudu and probably most video services. If the picture quality isn't what you want, that's probably why.

It most certainly does. So does hulu, so does youtube. Vudu and Amazon has ALWAYS offered HD streams.

Back