• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setting up speedfan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jakuzu

I have a ASUS p8b75-m le mainboard which supports only case fan directly from the mainboard.
So in my system I have two silent case fans directly connected to the PSU and one more powerful fan connected to the mainboard .

Now there is an ASUS program called fan xpert that came with the board and I kept using it until now.
My problem is that my graphics card gets rather too hot in my case and I would like to configure my casefan that is controlled by the mainboard so that it increases speed when the temperature of my graphics card rises.
Bios and fan xpert does not let my configure my fan in that way so I read this should be possible with speedfan.
Does anyone know how to configure speedfan in order to do that ? I guess I have to de install the asus program so I want speedfan to control my cpu fan as well.
thank you

It is possible. Something that really help me when I had speedfan was to identify and rename all of the sensors and fans to my liking, and eliminating all of those odd -17 º C temperatures. You can do so under one of the tabs after you click "configure". I have no idea why those show up and I am no expert, but I did manage to do exactly what you are asking for.

In one of the tabs you can pick the temperature for your GPU and associate a curve for your case fans. I even had them turn off completely when necessary, but be aware that they only start spinning at a certain %!

What you want is around minute 7:30 on the link at the bottom, but you should watch the whole video.

By the way I would check an option that says something like "set all fans to max when closing speed fan". It crashed on me a couple of times but it left everything running at max.

Also, add it to your startup.

If you really can´t do I can re-install speedfan and see, but I would rather not.

Cheers!

Back