• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP WITH FX 8350 OC TO 4.6 GHZ (FOR NOW) :d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Time for OS repair or re-install.
I tried the sfc /scannow, no good
i tried recovery at start,no good,can't repair
Is thera a way to reinstall only the system files, like it was in windows 7(i used just to install over the old installation),preserving all the data and programs?
is windows 8 really so silly to not allow such?
or maybe a command line to set number of processors without having to use the msconfig?

Not sure but what...

...what Mr Scott is accurate. IF you have had a bunch of crashes during your regular efforts to overclock it might be a good time to REinstall windows and then begin to image at least your O/S drive. Most of us that overclock regularly and bench...use images to put the O/S back when problems arise.

That said:

BitLocker Repair Tool - Recover Drive in Windows 7 and 8

A 'real' windows guru (not me) might know differently.

RGone...

EDIT:
How To Repair Windows 8.1 Installation (The Easy Way)

END EDIT.

Last edited:
I have a noctua nh-d14 2011 version with a amd bracket. My temps arnt any were near as bad as his. I hit 4.5 ghz with turbo keeping under 60c.

Doesn't mean much what your chip can do. I can run 5.0ghz all day under 60c with an nhd14. I also only require around 1.4v to do it. Different levels of Silicon make an "apples to apples" comparison impractical.

...what Mr Scott is accurate. IF you have had a bunch of crashes during your regular efforts to overclock it might be a good time to REinstall windows and then begin to image at least your O/S drive. Most of us that overclock regularly and bench...use images to put the O/S back when problems arise.

That said:

BitLocker Repair Tool - Recover Drive in Windows 7 and 8

A 'real' windows guru (not me) might know differently.

RGone...

EDIT:
How To Repair Windows 8.1 Installation (The Easy Way)

END EDIT.

thx a lot ,it didn't fix msconfig, it's still broken,but i have my cores back:D

Kilyan...

...I can only think of one other shortcut you might try and it is to create another user account and log into it and see if you msconfig issue is gone. If it is gone then search REpair User profile/account. If it is not fixed when going into a newly created account you might as well do a REinstall of windows.

I know I linked you how to make Win 8.1 install on top of itself to keep from having to REinstall apps, but for me that has seldom fixed much if ever. My Windows is seemingly always blown up too bad for that to work. Hehehe. So I format and Install winders.

RGone...ster.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean much what your chip can do. I can run 5.0ghz all day under 60c with an nhd14. I also only require around 1.4v to do it. Different levels of Silicon make an "apples to apples" comparison impractical.
Thanks I did not know that. So far my chip looks pretty good. I might try pushing it further later but right now I don't see any reason to.

If I were RGone I would not over clock during his windows install everything at default. But disable power saving features it can cause issues with windows installs especially older copies of windows like vista and sometimes windows 7 can have issues with it.

...I can only think of one other shortcut you might try and it is to create another user account and log into it and see if you msconfig issue is gone. If it is gone then search REpair User profile/account. If it is not fixed when going into a newly created account you might as well do a REinstall of windows.
now I linked you how to make Win 8.1 install on top of itself to keep from having to REinstall apps, but for me that has seldom fixed much if ever. My Windows is seemingly always blown up to bad for that to work. Hehehe. So I format and Install winders.
RGone...ster.
already tried the new account path,seems not related to an account in particular. I don't have to mess with msconfig so since i got what i wanted, i'll stay this way

If I were RGone I would not over clock during his windows install everything at default. But disable power saving features it can cause issues with windows installs especially older copies of windows like vista and sometimes windows 7 can have issues with it.

Actually, installing the OS while overclocked results in better benchmark scores for me. Overclocking isn't a bad thing......as long as you're stable.

Actually, installing the OS while overclocked results in better benchmark scores for me. Overclocking isn't a bad thing......as long as you're stable.

Hehehe. I glanced at forum from my cell phone and went to computer to see what 'shawnmcc' had said about "me" and overclocking and I almost split a seam ROTFLMAO. A tried and true test of whether I was actually stable was to install windows at the overclock I wanted to use. Years and years ago back in the old Abit forum, peeps were always asking me what I did to score...Shett I never said a thing in general at least not in a forum. BUT I always install overclocked to hale and back. If the deeyam computer cannot expand an image overclocked...it shore as hale will not hold up to hard arse benching. IMO.

Nowz u dun wented an spilt sum our beens. Hehehe. But knot fur duh fainted uv hartz.

Remember, don't try this at home...we are exspurts.

RGone...ster.

so i tried after recovering the os, to do an integrity check, that found damaged files before,now says no integrity violation, but msconfig is clearly broken...weird

hello,so i stayed at 4.8ghz and tested with the witcher 3: seems to use all cores at nearly 80% (that's disabling 4 cores)..but i can't reenable them now. In bios they are recognized but windows ignore them. I tried to look in msconfig , to set them in the advanced option, but seems i can't save msconfig settings,says something about bitlocker files missing or damaged(i don't even know what it is that for!)..Should i open a different thread for this problem, to not go too offtopic?

Guess you weren't fully stable then....

Have you tried a System Restore?
If it fails, Mr.Scott has a guaranteed solution ;)

Guess you weren't fully stable then....

Have you tried a System Restore?
If it fails, Mr.Scott has a guaranteed solution ;)

i deactivated it, because it never worked for me..
i just tried to reinstall the system files, but seems than the problem is somewhere else...but seearching on the net, i saw lot of people complain about this bitlocker file damaging,preventing msconfig to save settings, and as me, they never dealt with that thing..format seems the only solution right now, but i don't want..
noone ever solved that, i can't believe you can't restore msconfig functionality somehow

i deactivated it, because it never worked for me..
i just tried to reinstall the system files, but seems than the problem is somewhere else...but seearching on the net, i saw lot of people complain about this bitlocker file damaging,preventing msconfig to save settings, and as me, they never dealt with that thing..format seems the only solution right now, but i don't want..
noone ever solved that, i can't believe you can't restore msconfig functionality somehow
Reinstall Windows then...

And leave bitlocker turned OFF and system restore ON. ;)

That's the surefire way to fix it at this point.

Like I said before don't install overclocked then do your over clocking after install test for stability with prime95. Do to potential memory errors and glitches with overclocking and accuracy issues.

Like I said before don't install overclocked then do your over clocking after install test for stability with prime95. Do to potential memory errors and glitches with overclocking and accuracy issues.

Man Kilyan does not install overclocked. It is myself and a few others that do that sort of odd thing and I seldom ever have any issues. But the issue Kilyan is having with msconfig and bit locker is pretty well known around the Win 7 forums for sure and for people that never overclocked 'anything'. So your posts actually are not of great use to Kilyan and as for me...I know my own risks and shoulder them. Thanks.

RGone...

Man Kilyan does not install overclocked. It is myself and a few others that do that sort of odd thing and I seldom ever have any issues. But the issue Kilyan is having with msconfig and bit locker is pretty well known around the Win 7 forums for sure and for people that never overclocked 'anything'. So your posts actually are not of great use to Kilyan and as for me...I know my own risks and shoulder them. Thanks.

RGone...

I've done a lot of hotswapping OS's in this fashion. Risk is part of the business round' here.

If you has fear, don't do it.

Over clock? I've done quite a few processors straight to extreme temps right from the box myself. The install went fine :D

Takes me roughly 3 minutes to install windows 8. What exactly are you clowns doing to make this a daunting task :muahaha::chair::comp:

Takes me roughly 3 minutes to install windows 8. What exactly are you clowns doing to make this a daunting task :muahaha::chair::comp:

Search for Kilyan's issue > msconfig will not save setting bit locker files corrupted

Leading up to this was discussion that he (Kilyan) would likely have to REinstall winders. Some got the idea that Kilyan was installing winders overclocked or something and then the engine and two of the first couple of cars ran slam off the tracks. Hehehe.

RGone...

Well if he doesn't over clock there is no reason for the corruption even if he overclocks. Not unless he has errors he should run error check on his c drive then. Has he tried disk management yet. If he has then it would either be a bad cpu or memory.

Well if he doesn't over clock there is no reason for the corruption even if he overclocks. Not unless he has errors he should run error check on his c drive then. Has he tried disk management yet. If he has then it would either be a bad cpu or memory.
nonono

He is overclocked.

Some guys thought he was installing Windows while overclocked.

Back