• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6300 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think 1.295v and 4.3ghz is my sweet spot. Won't budge on lower voltage and won't go 100mhz higher even at 1.325. I can't really justify volting it much higher for 100mhz

I did some...

...fairly extensive testing back when some of these cpus were brand new. Your FX-6300 is the "first" 6 core FX cpu that I have seen follow the trend of some of the 16 mos old or less that are using less Vcore or seem to than their two year old counter parts. This graphic is sort of an amalgum of 5 very early FX-6300s. So n0 your Vcore is not high at all. And all FX cpus go up in necessary Vcore in sort of a stair-step rise. Vcore to Cpu Speed. Get a little speed > add Vcore. Get some more speed and suddenly bang the Vcore must take a jump. However your temps look on schedule to peak before Vcore would be a "real" worry.

attachment.php

RGone...

I think 1.295v and 4.3ghz is my sweet spot. Won't budge on lower voltage and won't go 100mhz higher even at 1.325. I can't really justify volting it much higher for 100mhz

You need to keep pushing that chip.
Go up to 1.55Vcore OR 62C package temps whichever is first.

Your FX 6300 needs 1.295Vcore for 4.3Ghz.

Mine needs ~1.45 Vcore. See? You sir, have a very good chip.

Definitely looks a bit better, but it's hard to see.

Here's a thought, how about taking the fan you added to the 212 EVO, putting it in the rear 120mm exhaust, then installing your heatsink in the vertical position instead of the horizontal position.
This would give you better flow through the case as well as better airflow over the motherboard.

Definitely looks a bit better, but it's hard to see.

Here's a thought, how about taking the fan you added to the 212 EVO, putting it in the rear 120mm exhaust, then installing your heatsink in the vertical position instead of the horizontal position.
This would give you better flow through the case as well as better airflow over the motherboard.

Agreed "johan".

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus mounting system is clever, requiring only one set of hardware for all sockets, and installs on AMD boards in the 'proper' orientation with the fan blowing east-west (front to rear). This statement according to many review sites says is true for CM 212 EVO also. Good exhaust fan in rear of the case with east/west cooler mounting has lowered must users cpu temps.

RGone...

Here's a better photo. Sadly, the cooler wont fit in the vertical direction due to the heatpipes conflicting with the side panel :(

ImageUploadedByOverclockers1432924473.952389.jpg

I just purchased 2 Corsair AF120 White Led fans for $15! I'll put one exhuasting in the 70mm's place and one intake next to the PSU.

Last edited:
I think you got the wrong senior ;)

I wuz defunkly REmissed in my naming convention. Shett shett. Me beez rally surrey thar' misser AMTINSIDE. I am fully pologize frum duh hart of me bottom. Wrong again. Crap. Bottom of me hartz.

RGone...skisterzzzzzzzzzzzz

I wuz defunkly REmissed in my naming convention. Shett shett. Me beez rally surrey thar' misser AMTINSIDE. I am fully pologize frum duh hart of me bottom. Wrong again. Crap. Bottom of me hartz.

RGone...skisterzzzzzzzzzzzz

Heart of your bottom :rofl:
It's all good man, just giving you a hard time!

CPU Maxed out at 62C after a very intense game. Is this okay for the 6300? They dont give a temp for the 6300. For the 8-cores, its 61, for the 4 cores its 71, logical to think 66 is okay?

We use as a matter of course so all will be on the same page HWMonitor Free from CPUID com and there we are concerned with CPU/Socket Temp which has been for us now 3.5 years 72c or less and Core/Package Temp at 62c or less for all 8, 6, 4 core FX processsors all inclusive.

Not sure exactly how close Open Hardware Monitor is on their Cores 1-6 but that should be similar to HWMonitor Free Core/Package temp. Like I said since AMD does not really formally give a Max temp for every FX processor, we have held 62c or less as Max on the cores for 3.5 years as strongly suggested Max temps. As the owner and user of your parts, you are free to use any temp you wish anyway.

66c sounds pretty stout for a gaming temp of the cores, but again the parts and pieces are yours to use as you see fit. Luck man.

RGone...

We aren't familiar with Open Hardware Monitor on here, that's why I'd asked before to use HWMonitor.

I can't tell you if those temps are good or not, sorry.

In HWMonitor you'd want to keep it below 62°C package and 72°C socket.

Package. Previously i had one of the cpu fans connected to a sysfan header. Got a splitter for em and thats most likely whats causing the difference

Back