• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6300 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So soon enough I'm gonna be getting a new cpu cooler. Price is of no issue now. It doesn't matter to me if it is air or water, for air can sometimes outperform water. All i need is for it to fit in a Spec 03 case (157mm or less in height)

(157mm or less in height) << that would certainly shoot down any good Air Cpu Cooler that I can think of.

RGone...

So soon enough I'm gonna be getting a new cpu cooler. Price is of no issue now. It doesn't matter to me if it is air or water, for air can sometimes outperform water. All i need is for it to fit in a Spec 03 case (157mm or less in height)

(157mm or less in height) << that would certainly shoot down any good Air Cpu Cooler that I can think of.

RGone...

Most good tower coolers are taller than that. Unless you cut the top off the heatpipes as one guy did in another forum. Then he wondered why his cooler wasn't keeping his cpu very cool.

You think i can squeeze a 160mm nh-d14?

NH D-14 is spec'd at Noctua as 160mm tall. For a long time now most have seriously suggested that a case needed to be at least 7.5 inches across the narrow distance for most good Tower Coolers to fit. And n0 side fans in the way either as they eat up considerable room.

7.5 inces is 190.5mm minus 160mm equals 30mm equals about 1.0 inches clearance. HOWEVER that 1.0 inches has to take into account that 'within' that 7.5 inches are the mobo stand-offs and then the thickness of mobo and then the cpu socket sitting on top of the mobo and then cpu plugged into the socket further reducing that 1 inch you seemed to have to play with. You better put cpu in socket and measure from there to exactly where cpu cooler would hit side cover and see if there is at least 170 or so mm clearance for any assurance such tall cooler will fit.

RGone...

Back