• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD’s Quantum PC is powered by Intel: go figure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AMD just has to show that their new graphics are fast ... on current AMD CPUs it's simply impossible ;)

That shett is about as funny as watching the much delayed Nascar race from Michigan over the weekend and they almost, as always, put foot in mouth when they described the water drying Nascar Titan air blowers with Chevy motors powering them but sitting in the back of brand new Toyota pickups.

Trying to be so politically correct after their first description they had to come back later in broadcast and say that just the blower was chevy powered and could go in bed of any pickup. I was just ROTFLMAO.

AMD monster video rig with Intel cpu. Now that tells a very big story.

RGone...

I'd be willing to bet it has as much to do with form factor as there is no sff motherboards for fx as well as heat that they generate.

Definitely wouldn't run a 5.0 FX in a box like that would you.

It's OK Witchy, I can take it. But thanks for the sympathy.

That shett is about as funny as watching the much delayed Nascar race from Michigan over the weekend and they almost, as always, put foot in mouth when they described the water drying Nascar Titan air blowers with Chevy motors powering them but sitting in the back of brand new Toyota pickups.

Trying to be so politically correct after their first description they had to come back later in broadcast and say that just the blower was chevy powered and could go in bed of any pickup. I was just ROTFLMAO.

AMD monster video rig with Intel cpu. Now that tells a very big story.

RGone...
oh it's starting to rain- cut to commercial!!!

Yes I find it odd that AMD decided to go with Intel CPU, but most of us that uses both AMD and Intel PC's understand why.

It really has more to do with the dual Fiji setup inside and the Intel allowing it to break through the glass ceiling AMD CPUs create when running high end dual cards would be my guess.

It really has more to do with the dual Fiji setup inside and the Intel allowing it to break through the glass ceiling AMD CPUs create when running high end dual cards would be my guess.

Exactly it.

I think it was a smart move. People now know how powerful the Fury lineup really is :thup:

:(

Or you can look at a BRIGHTER SIDE. This is a setup for there up coming NEW <<<Cough,Cough---CPU--Cough,Cough.

This just shows that the 990 chip set needed to be updated YEARS ago.......unless I missed the release of the 1090 chip set.

But is the CPU a problem because they are limited by what they can do with it due to socket, or chipset limitations?

Their highest end is the 5960x, but most games don't take advantage of the extra cores and clock for clock they are very similar. And the extra heat made by the 5960x would be more difficult to dissipate than the 4790k that has half the TDP.

Back