• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I was down and now I'm back.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Internet was down for a day and a half. Long story short, folding is back underway at full strength tonight. We'll see how it goes. :comp:

I spoke too soon. Internet was up for a day then fail during the wee early morning hours. When I got to work, I was going to call my favorite company, Comcast but now the power is out and they won't even entertain a service call when I have no power.

I purchased a new modem because Comcast said that my current modem was sending out a (get this) "an end of life signal". Do I believe that? Nope however, the internet has been wonky and I've swapped out two routers trying to fix the issue. So what the hell? I get a new modem. It binds 16 channels down and 4 channels up. A very nice Motorolla modem. I install the new modem, get it activated and it doesn't work. They promise a tech in one week. Nope! 24 hours? OK. ....... They never call.

Saturday night I call back. They troubleshoot and get me working.... again. Now its out.

I can either believe that I have three bad routers and two bad modems *or* that Comcast has wonky equipment on my street. Unfortunately, I live at the end of a spur and I think that I am the only customer for Comcast in the immediate area so it is hard to get them to believe me.

Comcast sux. Always has and always will. They're trying to swap areas with Charter in my area and I'll drop them if they do take over my account. I'll do without if need be.

There are ways lol. From what i hear the US is a pretty ****ty place to try and have good internets. Unless you're lucky and have a fiber connection. Seems to be no real middle ground. I hope the net neutrality changes help out. No one should be without a quick STABLE connection to the interweb. Its almost inhumane.

From what i hear the US is a pretty ****ty place to try and have good internets. I hope the net neutrality changes help out.

with our gubment it'll all ways suck, we invented it and what we get... well, sucks.

Yesterday's output showed that I am back. It took a day after the internet and then power outage to work out all of the bugs from my farm.

Lost power for just an instant last night. Only lost one machine. I was able to boot it up again this morning.

I was out in the stix at a star party. One day out and a power surge knocked my computer off line :(

Back up now :-/

Back