• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Radeon R9 390 OC STRIX 8GB Video Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doppleganger99

Hi,

I was just wondering as my mate's selling his ASUS Radeon R9 390 OC STRIX 8GB Video Card to me but..

im just worried about the bottleneck in my current system..
im currently running..

Windows 8.1
CPU - i7 970
GPU - GTX 580 1.5gb
RAM - 12gb Kingston HyperX
Mobo - Asus Rampage 3 Extreme 1366 x58
PSU - Corsair 1200i

..i'm not really expecting any increase in performance with just the GPU upgrade but i was hoping there wont be any decrease in performance if i make the GPU upgrade.

I am planing on upgrading the whole system just going with GPU atm as its the only part i can upgrade separately between MOBO, CPU and RAM as they will have to go all together.

So yes back to my question will it be okay (no performance loss from gtx 580) to upgrade to ASUS Radeon R9 390 OC STRIX 8GB Video Card?

You certainly wont decrease performance...you will likely see an increase.

1.2KW PSU???? Wow...

yeah ive been chopping down my PC parts to be able to upgrade.. i had tri-sli 580 watercooled its why.. sold 1, broke the other one, and now left with one.. lol

Could always overclock your i7 a bit. The CPU will definitely be your weakest link if you grab the 390.

Back