• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Korean 4k monitor overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

Currently I have a Crossover 285k. It is 4k native @ 60hz. I dropped it down to 1440p 120hz in the past just for grins, and have recently gone back to that. Now whenever I try to create a custom resolution in Nvidia Control Panel, nothing works at all. I can run this monitor at 1440p 120hz verified, but can't set it to higher or lower! (besides for the profiles I created some time ago). Does anyone know of anything that has changed with the settings/drivers that is limiting me, or of another piece of software that can overclock my monitor?

So, you're not seeing the native res in nvcp? Is that the only thing you used to change it in the first place? If so, I would first try wiping out the nvidia drivers and control panel install and reinstalling.

When I OC'd my qnix a while back, I think CRU was the name of the app.

I can see my native resolutioj just fine. The only problem is that I cannot create custom resolutions anymore.

I do not have any monitor drivers installed, only generic. Could that be why it has been failing every time? I have a Crossover brand monitor not Qnix, but will the drivers still work? (I know all the korean monitors are 99% the same) I also am not at home so sorry for asking w/o trying

Seems like they've made that thread/guide pretty generic since I used it. The driver very well could work for your crossover. I would say it definitely sounds like the issue. NVCP basically needs to know that for your monitor, custom resolutions are supported. A driver would probably accomplish that. I'm usually not one to install "drivers" for peripherals. I just use the Windows automatic ones when I plug something in. For a scenario like this, however, seems like specific details about the device are needed, so a model-specific driver is required. :shrug:

I would just walk through the guide when you get home and see if it works. :thup:

Did not work for me. I can add the profile and the refresh rate through CRU just fine, but It wont show up in my display adapter settings. Would me having two graphics cards have anything to do with it either?

Crossover 285k

Whoops, forgot that was in the OP :chair:

It looks like it could just be a recent (past few months) nvidia driver update?

Everything else I saw for your monitor says it should work fine, creating custom resolutions through nvcp.

To test, roll back your drivers to something from earlier 2015 and see if it will let you there. Since the custom ones you previously set are apparently hanging around even with the new driver which doesn't allow them, you could create a bunch with the old driver installed and then update again to the new.

Yeah, just this morning I found some stuff saying it was broken after 353.30. I will try to revert to that tonight and get back to you guys. Where are you located at in PA btw?

Yup! Nvidia Driver Version 353.30 fixed it! If anyone else is having problems, try downgrading to 353.30, testing some refresh rates, then updating again. This is up to date as of version 359.

Last edited:
Back