• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ithamar21

Registered
Looking for a new liquid cooling to replace my aging of the h100 .

I7 5280k ​​processor power oc 4.3 1:25 .
Case nzxt switch 810.

Currently resting between 28-33 .

In an effort to test the software prime95 small FFTs between 80-90 degrees .
The rest of the software effort between 65-75 .

I would like to refrigerated a bit better

thought about :

Fractal Design Kelvin Series S36
Or H110i GTX .

Or something else?
What do you suggest ?
What is the best liquid cooling ?
Without the need for self- assembly

Best liquid cooling is going full custom.. some AIO are a joke..
BUT if you had to go AIO id grab the EK predator.. still pretty new but you can add/subtract from it...
Custom Watercooling can be extremely fun!

Custom Watercooling . It is very expensive !
I'm not looking for something crazy .
I checked prices of building self-esteem but it's very expensive .
I am looking for anything up to $ 268

EK cooling Predator 360
Costs $ 240 without shipping .
My country shipping costs 71 dollars is beyond my budget .
Worth it to deviate for EK ?
Or there is something at the same level for less money ?

This:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-xlc-predator-360-all-in-one-liquid-cooler.html

Or This:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-kit-l360-r2-0-watercooling-kit.html

Last edited by a moderator:
the second one you linked isnt the predator its an actual custom kit.. that is def the way to go imho.. you can always expand..
i can link you a cheaper DIY kit...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/xspc-raystorm-ddc-photon-ex360-watercooling-kit.html

i think this would look better although i dislike bay res...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/phobya-pure-performance-kit-360lt-bayone.html

or.. if you can give me a budget i can make you a shopping cart of what id get... is your budget $240? im sure i can get you something nice if you wanna go custom... a custom 240mm rad will beat a AIO 360mm rad any day

Last edited:
a custom 240mm rad will beat a AIO 360mm rad any day
It will? That is a lot of radiator (50% more) to overcome...

So, the budget has now doubled to $500? Go fully custom with that amount. ;)

Yes I doubled the budget to extract the maximum .
The budget is for shipping and pieces together .
No more than $ 500 😀

I would build a custom loop in that case...

Please take a look at the sticky threads so you have an idea of what you need. :)

To be clear, you are only wanting to cool the CPU, correct?

I would say it would come close maybe not exact but close.. i would find it hard to believe that a AIO would take a custom 240mm thats almost TWICE as thick.. arent most AIO around 30-35mm thick?? so all in all the 360 wouldnt be 50% more surface at all... 120x3x35 vs 120x2x60 i believe the thicker rad would have more...
any how a $500 budget?! you could have you a very nice looking loop for that!
How fancy you want it to look?
Dye?
Colored Tubing?
or bare min?

made this real fast... i LOVE the monsoon fittings but they cost extra and i picked the ROG block because u have an ASUS mobo.. i can easily shave off $40 if its too much and they are also sold out of kill coils.. and you could add colored tubing or dye.. i prefer dye but thats just me.. dye would be another $10 (use mayhems only) and kill coil i believe is $7...

https://www.performance-pcs.com/checkout/cart/

you could also go with a 45mm thick rad for about $20 less...
also there are codes to get another 5.5% off... that'd probably save another $15ish..

Last edited:
Construction related I trust you .
About the color I want everything to be white
It is also possible to combine black

What is important that the parts will fit the chassis

I would say it would come close maybe not exact but close.. i would find it hard to believe that a AIO would take a custom 240mm thats almost TWICE as thick.. arent most AIO around 30-35mm thick?? so all in all the 360 wouldnt be 50% more surface at all... 120x3x35 vs 120x2x60 i believe the thicker rad would have more...
Dye?
Colored Tubing?
or bare min?
Sorry reaper, I was comparing apples to apples... 2x120 and 3x120... nobody mentioned anything about one being thick, the other not.. :)

Dyes really shouldn't be used...

Guys, please take a look at the sticky:

yeah i know dyes arent recommended but they look MUCH nicer... after 5 years i have only had 0 issues using Mayhems :) but i also change fluid 2-3 times yearly..

op... you could get White tubing with Black fittings or vice-versa... that'd look nice! i like dye so u can see it in the res and blocks..

EarthDog arent most AIO 35mm thick though? wasnt trying to come off as an a**hole .. sorry

Also OP i like the look of alternating fitting colors.. thats what i usually do.. IE red the white.. then red.. white.. ect...

i have a few pics of my AMD pc here with a close shot.. (Sorry crappy phone pics) im on a dif pc or id just put the pic on here...

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/767181-How-i-made-my-FX-9590-STABLE-)

but if you did that with a white and black itd look awesome :)

I didn't take it that way, no worries! I didn't know we we talking a thick rad vs normal. I was also concerned with the use of Dyes and the increased maintenance required versus using colored tubing and distilled water + bioscide/silver kill coil etc. Seems like the OP would want something easy, not something he should breakdown a couple times annually. :)

Yes , I prefer something simple that I do not have to replace things 2-3 year .
What matters is that the colors will fit in my cabinet were in black and white .
It is also possible to have blue LED lighting .
Best of the parts will fit my computer chassis .
Which share do you recommend ?
If you can also link parts

Dye?
Colored Tubing?
or bare min?

made this real fast... i LOVE the monsoon fittings but they cost extra and i picked the ROG block because u have an ASUS mobo.. i can easily shave off $40 if its too much and they are also sold out of kill coils.. and you could add colored tubing or dye.. i prefer dye but thats just me.. dye would be another $10 (use mayhems only) and kill coil i believe is $7...

https://www.performance-pcs.com/checkout/cart/

you could also go with a 45mm thick rad for about $20 less...
also there are codes to get another 5.5% off... that'd probably save another $15ish..

Slow down down Defiant. You're like a runaway train. There are a few things you say that troubles me.

Lets all slow down and as ED said. Read the intro to stickies first if you will truly take the plunge to custom water cooling. If you're on a $500 budget, you have to tell us, how much of that will be fees, duties and shipping so we know whats left for purchasing.

Again, read the stickies and get the basics on how everything works and what maintenance will be required.

Here's a nice video I like to post for beginners to get their beaks wet.

If this is all too much work for you and you won't bother doing it the proper way, stick with AIOs.

The video helped me to understand what needs to be done .
I read some Guides and have some knowledge in the field .
I have time to do such a project .
And replace the water every 6-4 months

The difference in temperature between the cooling water and the complete water cooling kit ready is a big difference ?
If the difference is not significant so I prefer to buy a complete water cooling kit ready

The video helped me to understand what needs to be done .
I read some Guides and have some knowledge in the field .
I have time to do such a project .
And replace the water every 6-4 months

Glad to hear. That video really clears things up and makes it understandable.

Yup, 6 month liquid drain and refill and annual tear down, inspect, clean and refill and you're set. Just do that every year and it should be good as new. To help you in this process, make sure to setup a drain valve of some sort at the lowest point of your case to help you drain. Makes your water cooling life so much easier.

The difference in temperature between the cooling water and the complete water cooling kit ready is a big difference ?
If the difference is not significant so I prefer to buy a complete water cooling kit ready

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding. Can you get into specifics and examples.

Back