• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new liquid cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They're all the same. The kits are just things picked out for you already. If you do go with one of the kits, I would only advise on changing the tubing to PrimoChill Advanced LRT.

EXACTLY!!

mainly just aesthetics are what you'll change from a kit..

but be warned once you get into this hobby you'll go all out lol

and didnt mean to rush anything.. i just LOVE getting people into watercooling... its not very difficult.. just think basic and dont over think it...
think... water needs to move (PUMP)... water needs to cool item (CPU)... water needs to get cooled back down (RAD)... Return/loop (RES)

Really need more feed back from OP though.. like what look do YOU ultimately want? Dont let everyone tell you what to do.. just take the advice and warnings..
Do you want top performance and little looks... or top looks little performance.. or a mix of both.. or budget...

Performance is important to me .
More color .
My question is whether I would rather choose the parts you ?
Or buy a complete kit ?
If you offer I will choose the parts that I listen to you .
And I really want to help me choose the right parts

If parts are a concern, get a kit(Not a closed loop,fully assembled AIO system).
If assembly is a concern, get an AIO(A fully assembled, All In One, closed loop system).
If performance is a concern, build a custom open loop system.

That's not to say that you won't get good performance out of a kit, or an AIO, but picking individual parts will gives you access to the best components available. At least with a kit you know you're getting quality(not necessarily the "best") parts, and everything you need is in one box. You know it's all compatible, there's no guesswork. Also the kit comes in it's own box, everything get's to you at once, no waiting on that last damn thing that should have been here 4 days ago that you can't build without!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, it seems like two options would serve you best.
1. Get a 360 AIO. This will probably out perform what you currently have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856025
2. Get a "custom" loop in a box. Magicool has a 360 kit for ~$150 on performance pcs. http://www.performance-pcs.com/magicool-diy-liquid-cooling-system-triple-120mm-edition.html

If parts are a concern, get a kit(Not a closed loop,fully assembled AIO system).
If assembly is a concern, get an AIO(A fully assembled, All In One, closed loop system).
If performance is a concern, build a custom open loop system.

That's not to say that you won't get good performance out of a kit, or an AIO, but picking individual parts will gives you access to the best components available. At least with a kit you know you're getting quality(not necessarily the "best") parts, and everything you need is in one box. You know it's all compatible, there's no guesswork. Also the kit comes in it's own box, everything get's to you at once, no waiting on that last damn thing that should have been here 4 days ago that you can't build without!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, it seems like two options would serve you best.
1. Get a 360 AIO. This will probably out perform what you currently have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835856025
2. Get a "custom" loop in a box. Magicool has a 360 kit for ~$150 on performance pcs. http://www.performance-pcs.com/magicool-diy-liquid-cooling-system-triple-120mm-edition.html
But Dustin, you left him TWO choices!!! You know darn well he is going to ask which one!!

Just remember, we can't build it for him. The guy is going to have to do SOMETHING on his own. :)

But Dustin, you left him TWO choices!!! You know darn well he is going to ask which one!!

Just remember, we can't build it for him. The guy is going to have to do SOMETHING on his own. :)

I'm sorry, I got lazy. Option "A" definitely, definitely probably option "A".

I also want to build a water cooling system myself!
I decided to go for it !
I want you to help me choose parts Ncnonim ..... I need your help ?

I also want to build a water cooling system myself!
I decided to go for it !
"I want you to help me choose parts Ncnonim" ..... I need your help ?

"I want you to help me choose parts Ncnonim"

This is wrong. You must, it's your money to to pick the parts. Quit rushing things. If it takes you 3 months to figure it out, then so be it.

I can find you a water cooling nanny that can do it at $50 an hour at a minimum 6 hours time.

I spent THREE months learning before I bought my first water cooling part. And I didn't need my mommy to help.

Back