• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

64bit vs 32bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

Is there any real difference in gaming or such when using 32bit compared to 64bit ?? Cause the problem comes as I lost my win7 64bit version and still have my win7 32bit version.. My laptop is maxed out at 4gb of ram and my main gaming rig has 8gb Gskill sniper ram..

there are quite a few games that will complain about not enough video memory if you are running a 32bit OS no matter how much video memory you have.

Did you lose the 64 bit disk or the key? If you still have the key, you can down Win10 64 & use it.

Yes, there is a difference not just in gaming but in general with system performance and overall speed.

Machines with 32 bit cpu's and 32 bit version of windows are limited to 4GB of ram. On a system with a 64 bit processor and windows x64 no such limitation exists. If you plan on upgrading or eventually on building a more powerful rig someday go x64.

Programs, single program, usually do not use more than 4GB of RAM... They are mostly not 64-bit. So this is about using programs specifically made to use more than 4GB. Check out that list to see which ones do.

64-Bit helps with multi tasking but not when using single programs which are mostly 32-Bit anyway.

Back