• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alphacool HardTube 12/10mm Carbon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From the link:
The carbon tube cannot be as bent like acrylic tube but must be cut to length and used with the matching elbows.

I'm with Con here...

Not bending tube is not new, there are plenty of builds here of people using this technique. That being said all those extra fittings will cost $$$$ to the cost of the build, all those extra joints will add to the possibility of a leak and if enough will cause possible flow issues.

I'm with conumdrum an ATM as well.

I fly large RC helicopters and we user as lot of carbon tubing especially for our tail booms. The carbon is usually quite thin walled and can be difficult to cut and leave a nice shard free end so it would be interesting to see how this Alphacool tubing stacks up as far as cutting it is concerned.

It can look really good though and I would say it would look sweet with chrome/silver fittings....

Here is a quick pic of part of one of my heli's tail boom...

hskd.jpg

Frame of one of my helis..... Silver/chrome looks great against the carbon.

jz33.jpg

I was looking into metal tubing, with fitting bends first, when I found the carbon one.
Its for a build that will travel a few times a year and the way I understand it, is that it takes a lot more for it to go wrong.
Granted, I would still need to drain the system before transport, but the system should be better off in total.

If I was going to use hard carbon tubing for a build, I would not be transporting it. Even after draining the system and transporting it, there are too many risks a joint or 2 will fail. You'll find that out when you're refilling it.

If I was going to use hard carbon tubing for a build, I would not be transporting it. Even after draining the system and transporting it, there are too many risks a joint or 2 will fail. You'll find that out when you're refilling it.

That is always a risk with water cooled builds, but its ether hard tubing that can take a beating or soft tubing with compression, that seems to be my choices.
And I'm not sure I could even manage to do soft tubing in the case I'm looking at, given that it will be filled with hardware (external radiator): https://www.overclockers.co.uk/anidees-ai-07bw-atx-cube-black-window-ca-024-ad.html

The thing is with soft tubing the tubing will flex and give during transport so there's no hard shock. The hard tubing is incapable of that. I've transported my rigs to lans without draining and not 1 single issue/leak. I'm sure that's possible with hard tubing, but I haven't met a person with a hard tubing rig at a lan to ask.

That case reminds me of the MM UFO's.

The thing is with soft tubing the tubing will flex and give during transport so there's no hard shock. The hard tubing is incapable of that. I've transported my rigs to lans without draining and not 1 single issue/leak. I'm sure that's possible with hard tubing, but I haven't met a person with a hard tubing rig at a lan to ask.

That case reminds me of the MM UFO's.
The U2 UFO is a lot bigger then that case.

But if hard tubing wont withstand transport well, is there a soft tubing that can work in almost a mini atx format?

Primochill Advanced LRT. Has really good tight bend radius without kinking up, plus it comes in alot of delicious flavors ;)

Hey I'm not trying to deter you from building the rig you want with hard tubing, I'm just pointing out the dangers/risks of said rig with transporting it. Be aware of it.

If you can design a memory foam/goose down container to transport the rig in so it'll withstand shock, then go for it. :thup:

Definitely use compression fittings since you'll be transporting it

Then again, hard tubing dont have true compression fittings, as there is nothing to clamp down.

This is not true at all....!

Hard tubing setups can be very solid - especially if you utilise fittings that have a compression type collar on them such as the Bitspower EML series.

Currently building a hardline system myself and believe me there is no way the tubes are going to pull apart or fall out while transporting unless you drop the rig...:D

Here are some of the compression type Bitspower hardline (EML series) compression type fittings in action on my build - There is no way these will come apart on their own..... it just does not happen...

LvCp5G.jpg

This is not true at all....!

Hard tubing setups can be very solid - especially if you utilise fittings that have a compression type collar on them such as the Bitspower EML series.

Currently building a hardline system myself and believe me there is no way the tubes are going to pull apart or fall out while transporting unless you drop the rig...:D

I have had bends where I screwed the collar on and then the tube popped out.

Granted, that might be because the bend was a little short, but it still proves that its possible.

Back