• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet case for a folding rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

I will preface this by saying, yes I have seen the sticky on the cases.:thup:

However I find myself asking a question for a more specific application. I have a Define R5 en route for my build, which is also know for being a quiet case, but not sure I want two of the same exact case lol. So does anyone have any suggestions for a mid tower/MATX case that is quiet to setup a F@H rig inside of?

Should I use the R5 with the window for this and order something else for my silent gaming build....? Or just order something in particular for the folder?

Appreciate the help guys

Could take a look at the Nanoxia Deep Silence, Cooler Master Silencio, and be quiet! Silent Base series.

R5 is a great case, but I don't know if it would be my first pick for a gaming PC. Since the folding rig will be in 24/7 operation, silence will be an important aspect of the build (assuming it will be somewhere where you can hear it in the first place...). With a gaming rig, it's only going to be audible while you're using it and there's a good chance you won't hear it over your speakers/headphones anyway. Components are consuming so little power nowadays that gaming builds are pretty quiet without cases possessing dampening and heavy duty materials.

I would use the R5 for the folding rig and go with something different for the gamer. :thup:

Could take a look at the Nanoxia Deep Silence, Cooler Master Silencio, and be quiet! Silent Base series.

R5 is a great case, but I don't know if it would be my first pick for a gaming PC. Since the folding rig will be in 24/7 operation, silence will be an important aspect of the build (assuming it will be somewhere where you can hear it in the first place...). With a gaming rig, it's only going to be audible while you're using it and there's a good chance you won't hear it over your speakers/headphones anyway. Components are consuming so little power nowadays that gaming builds are pretty quiet without cases possessing dampening and heavy duty materials.

I would use the R5 for the folding rig and go with something different for the gamer. :thup:

Thanks ninjacore. The R5 I got has the window maybe order the solid side panel for the Folding rig?

Ok so then back to the drawing board for the gamer........

God I hate picking PC cases lol....

So what for the gaming build? lol..... The gamer will also be my daily use PC and it will be in the same room as the folding rig, my small man cave at home....

No way, man! ;) Case is my favorite part.

Depends on what form factor. I'm on a small build kick at the moment. My current favorites are:

Fractal Node 304 (ITX)

Node 804 (mATX)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv (ITX)

Corsair Air 240 (mATX)

If you're sticking with ATX, there are several from Fractal and Phanteks that I like. Corsairs are usually pretty solid. If I were building an ATX rig, I'd probably try out one of the be quiet!s for something new :) :shrug:

No way, man! ;) Case is my favorite part.

Depends on what form factor. I'm on a small build kick at the moment. My current favorites are:

Fractal Node 304 (ITX)

Node 804 (mATX)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv (ITX)

Corsair Air 240 (mATX)

If you're sticking with ATX, there are several from Fractal and Phanteks that I like. Corsairs are usually pretty solid. If I were building an ATX rig, I'd probably try out one of the be quiet!s for something new :) :shrug:

Yeah for the gamer/daily rig ATX because I already ordered the parts and want a proper mobo to push the 6600K. I will check BeQuiet haven't looked much at them.

So what ATX from fractal that isn't the R5?

Fractal also has the Arc series in ATX and mATX. You'll be looking at the Arc Midi R2 or Arc XL.

There are several "proper" SFF boards, especially in the mATX form factor. ;) You might be limited if you are trying to overclock beyond the capabilities of ambient cooling (AIO or high end air), but everything else should be same-same.

Fractal also has the Arc series in ATX and mATX. You'll be looking at the Arc Midi R2 or Arc XL.

There are several "proper" SFF boards, especially in the mATX form factor. ;) You might be limited if you are trying to overclock beyond the capabilities of ambient cooling (AIO or high end air), but everything else should be same-same.

I already have the ASRock Extreme 6 mobo en route :thup:

Back