• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB to hdmi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

I have a smartphone and aT&T has a new unlimited program but the unlimited part only applies to the phone not the hot spot. I would like to mirror the phone to my TV that way I could stream movies and shows from Netflix or Hulu and it would be coming through the phone not the hot spot. Problem is I'm not quite sure if usb will work in HDMI. They make USB to HDMI cables, but that doesn't mean they'll work for my purpose. I've also seen a box for like $40 that claims to be able to translate USB to HDMI full HD. There any way to do what I'm trying to do?

What phone do you have? Also, USB to "Full HD" seems dubious to me. It may output signal to your TV but I doubt it would be full HD.

I have an lLG G Vista. I don't care if it's full HD. I just want a decent picture and sound. Standard def is fine. I can't use chromecast because you need a network for that and the phone must be on the same network. I can't do that and 4G at the same time since wifi on turns 4G off.

Back