• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Fan Suggestion Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rhex

Hey guys,

Recently just built my PC last month using case http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Pro-M.html

The problem is it only came with one rear fan. And I plan on adding some fans to keep the system running cool. I plan on adding an intake fan (140mm) or two on the front and an exhaust (140mm) on the top.

Would appreciate it if I could get some suggestions on some fans. Not really sure what fans are good and which are not as there are too many out there. And also, Is it true that exhausts should have high CFM while intakes should be static pressure?

Thanks a lot.

What case do you have and how many fans can you put in it?

I would do two 140mm front if you can (intake), 1 x 120mm rear (exhaust) or if it's 140 even better, 1 top (exhaust) and 1 side (intake)

What CPU cooler? What GPU?

Do you want LED's on your fans? Will you put in a fan controller? If your fans have LED's and you want to turn the LED off while still running the fans, the fan controller options are limited.

Answer these questions and we can pick fans for you. Also need to know your budget.

Noctua's are great.

If you're not too concerned about micromanaging fan speed and have no LED's you want to on/off...you can simply plug your fans into your motherboard and control the fan speed in bios.

It's not as accurate but it works.

Also, you need to decide if you want to have negative pressure in the case (exhaust flow exceeds intake flow) or positive pressure (intake flow exceeds exhaust flow). The latter helps keep dust out of the case but does not remove heat as well.

Also, you need to decide if you want to have negative pressure in the case (exhaust flow exceeds intake flow) or positive pressure (intake flow exceeds exhaust flow). The latter helps keep dust out of the case but does not remove heat as well.

I'm leaning more towards a negative pressure. Dust isn't much of my worries as I can always clean the PC whenever it gets dusty.

What case do you have and how many fans can you put in it?

I would do two 140mm front if you can (intake), 1 x 120mm rear (exhaust) or if it's 140 even better, 1 top (exhaust) and 1 side (intake)

What CPU cooler? What GPU?

Do you want LED's on your fans? Will you put in a fan controller? If your fans have LED's and you want to turn the LED off while still running the fans, the fan controller options are limited.

Answer these questions and we can pick fans for you. Also need to know your budget.

I have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler and a GTX 970. LED's are not needed and I'm not sure about fan controller. As for budget, I am not sure. Not familiar with the prices of fans along with the it's quality. First time adding a fan to a case, so i am a bit new to it all.

I have the same case and you can run 3x 120mm on top and 3x 120mm on the front. I am currently running 2x Gentle Tyhoon on the front and on top with two generic filling for the 3rd spot but my two Gentle Tyhoon 2150 PWM are coming in today so, I will be removing the generic fans out. Reason I went with them is cause our case has mesh filters on the front and on the top which create some resistant and decided to use static fans instead. Keep in mind my system is normally water cooled but a pump replacement is on the way from EK to me so currently is running on air.

Here is a picture with all 6x 120mm fans.
900x900px-LL-244b2415_IMG_20160405_231840149.jpeg

Hope that helps.

Back