• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Access printing issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Trying to find out the cause of a printing issue.

I've got an access program setup that prints barcode labels on 8.5"x12" sheets. It has been running on this type of system (several machines):

Windows Vista Business (32bit & 64bit)
Spinning HD, various sizes.)
Office 07
Hardware is from 2007 to 2009
Brother printer 2270 and 5370 models.

With this hardware/software setup, it prints out with almost no delay between labels.

New systems that we are replacing them with due to other issues (Other software is starting to no longer be compatible / end of life for Vista)

Win 7 Pro x64
128GB SSD
Office 13 (365 installs)
Hardware brand new
Brother printer 2270 and 5370 models.

On this setup, there is a 10-12 second delay between each sheet of labels. When we have to print 200-300 labels, this isn't acceptable.

I thought it might be the version of access, but after configuring Office 365 to not install Access 13, and installing Access 07 alongside, the delay is still 10-12 seconds.

Any idea as to how to get rid of this print delay?

Thanks!

Torin,

Under printer properties on the new machine, what does the printer spooling setup look like?

Capture.PNG

hmmm that looks good.

I am assuming these are network printers. Under ports are the printers configured with an IP address or something else?

a lot of software manufactures like to use odd port setups... for example this is what an HP officejet port looks like if you dont use a IP address:

Capture.PNG

hmmm that looks good.

I am assuming these are network printers. Under ports are the printers configured with an IP address or something else?

Actually, no, these are local printers. Port is normally USB001. Some are shared, but the ones we use for the full sheet labels mostly aren't even shared.

Actually, no, these are local printers. Port is normally USB001. Some are shared, but the ones we use for the full sheet labels mostly aren't even shared.

Which PC is currently directly connected the Brother 5370dw?

*a side note, rather than taking pictures... you can use the "snipping tool" which is included with Vista and 7 by default.*

Which PC is currently directly connected the Brother 5370dw?

Both of them. The first picture is a Vista machine, named WSSHIPPINGBUD2, connected by USB to one 5370dw. The second picture is a Win 7 machine named BMC71001 that is connected by USB to a second 5370dw printer.

*a side note, rather than taking pictures... you can use the "snipping tool" which is included with Vista and 7 by default.*

Yeah, I could have taken screenshots, but to get them to my machine I'd either need to email, or copy them to a share to get to them from my machine. Plus since I was bumping the users off the machines to get the configuration info, I figured this would be the least disruption to them.

Yeah, I could have taken screenshots, but to get them to my machine I'd either need to email, or copy them to a share to get to them from my machine. Plus since I was bumping the users off the machines to get the configuration info, I figured this would be the least disruption to them.

Makes sense!

When this printer was installed was the full feature software used or just the basic driver?

-TC

Sorry, got busy with other assignments and didn't have much time to work on them.

Default installs of the driver from the driver CD without choosing extra options.

Also, here is a weird thing.

Share the printers. Then print from one of the slow machine to another slow machine's printer over the network and there is no slowdown.

So, it looks like for right now, since two of them are right next to each other, I'll share their printers and have them print to the other guy's printer.

Back