• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhiteHawkEQ, JrClocker and don256us.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have all of next week off. I do have some things to do and then there's that pesky "Family" holiday known as Thanks Giving but I'm going to chip away at your push. (Both of you). I've got up to two machines that I can fill with AMD 7970/280x's. We'll see how many work and how many points I can add to my production.

Hey Don, where is the rest of your farm at? I'm 3.9 months from over taking you, you better step on the gas there :rofl:

Friday. I finally did all that I can do on my front porch for the winter and tomorrow will be the big feast at our place. Friday, I'll skip all of the early morning sales just so that I can start to bring my farm up. I'll do this for you buddy. :)

I found a few cards not doing their job and I fixed that. I also brought up two cards and a CPU to start out with. More to come.

Great job Jr.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum myself. I added three cards to production and my ppd decreased. I should be at 2.6 million ppd but went down to ~2 million instead. I did have a few glitches in my farm that I worked out but still....

All of my farm machines are up and running but not at full capacity. I still have that stack 'o cards to sort through and install.

My 908 is down until I ether replace it for find out what is wrong. :(

NNNNNNNOOOOOOooooooo........!

On an unrelated note, may I borrow your violin? I need to play it for yo..... uh..... a friend. Yeah that's right. A friend who just lost a 980.... I mean....

I feel your pain buddy. Just when things are looking to be at thier best, something happens. This is the fun of what we call folding. Game on!

Now I gotta have that violin. I just lost my largest folding machine. I had four tahitis folding and it stopped. I managed to get as many as three of them going on other machines but now one of those machines is stuck in an update cycle so.... its not folding. When the tally of up and down is done, I'm down four cards but could get three of them back tomorrow.

OK. went down to the farm (basement) and saw that my "new" machine was off. I'm having trouble with the cards overheating and shutting down. I took steps to relieve that issue so we will see how that goes. Until then, I'm having a double (maybe tripple. I didn't measure) whiskey on the rocks. It's just been that kind of day. :screwy:

OK. went down to the farm (basement) and saw that my "new" machine was off. I'm having trouble with the cards overheating and shutting down. I took steps to relieve that issue so we will see how that goes. Until then, I'm having a double (maybe trippel. I didn't measure) whiskey on the rocks. It's just been that kind of day. :screwy:

When I have that kind of day, I have a trippel Mt Dew :rofl:

I was checking on the farm this morning and things are looking good. I did find another issue with a card that can be described as "user error". In all, I have 10 x 7970/280x and 3 x 980Ti. We'll see where the ppd lands in a few days.

After more troubleshooting, my workstation rig is down for the count. At times I had as many as 5 x 7970's running from that rig. It was super awesome. Now it is an ex-machine. It was a "Donationware" MB that was broken and repaired. It has folded for about 2 years in a semi-state of "busted" so I can't complain.

I'll be in your neck of the woods in a few days anyway, maybe I can just pick it up. ;)

Taking the old man to FL in a little over a week. We'll stop by the Corvette museum on the way down. I'll stay two nights and fly home again.

I found that my server rig wasn't folding. That was a 980Ti sitting idle. I also found my newest rig had stopped and was asking for updated drivers. I think that I have those issues straight so I should be getting close to three mill.

I found that my server rig wasn't folding. That was a 980Ti sitting idle. I also found my newest rig had stopped and was asking for updated drivers. I think that I have those issues straight so I should be getting close to three mill.

Make sure its not a NVidia 375/376 series driver that you need to upgrade to, otherwise folding will be broken until they fix the error that has been uncovered

Back