• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolgate Quad 120mm Ultimate rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah. I was temp limited big time. Once I delid my temps dropped like 15c across the board and was able to get the eluded 4.7Ghz which I'm still on. I would doubt it's my delid, I mean all this time? Last time I cleaned off the TIM under the IHS was when i first got my Primo case and a fresh tube of NTH1. It's been a year.

I found with my delided 4690k that if I mount and unmount my block a few times I have to do the the TIM under the IHS again.

Do you have an air cooler you could try temporarily. That would point to either the cpu or the water loop.

dufus you have the water flowing backwards the inlet is being the outlet and the outlet is the inlet no wonder your temps are ****e.

:screwy: :rofl: :rofl: :screwy:

So you're sayin I have to swap my lines around to the rad? I've had my lines like this since I've been using the 360 for years. So for this particular rad the lines have to be the other way around?

Yes the rad does not have intellect
no wrong way to hook it up

Bay Res units can be finicky.
I think it is air bound

can you physically turn this system up side down with out fill plugs leaking ?

I am confident if you can get this air out you will see increased capacity.

I know this rad preforms very well

I don't doubt it witchy. Yes I turned the case every which way to bleed it. I'm thinking I'll have to give it time, adjusting flow rates and doing the tilt dance to get the rest of the air out. My arms are sore already from flipping this monster around, lmao.

There are very few ( if any) rads out that have specific inlets and outlets. This isn't one of them otherwise it would have specifically shown it or the information would have been posted on the manufacturer's site.

You did forget to include the bleed plug tho which I found out :rofl:

I agree, airbound. Run the pump full speed until it clears. Might take a week. Just gotta keep screwing with it.

I'll take the entire loop apart again, take the block apart too and just blast the hell out of them. I ain't going to be spending my football Sunday messing around with this tho, I'll do it tomorrow.

I know there's no in and out I was poking fun at Dino called him after seeing his reply lol we both agree there an air bound somewhere I'm betting it's the center channels since his pump is controlled by the bios he can't manually switch speeds while it's running. Either time or tear down will correct it.

My apologize on the bleed plug.
Though I inspected it thoroughly prior to shipping ???

Look forward to seeing the performance once you get it sorted out

Spent my football Sunday taking this dang thing apart, and rewashed everything. The only thing inside the block was a tiny bit of lint, nothing else. The tiny bit of lint found would not hurt flow. Nothing in the rad. I thought I blew apart the channels with my air compressor, lol. Reassembled everything back and refilled. Left it on overnight to bleed. This am started doing the tilt dance again. Still refilling and bleeding. Haven't stressed yet.

*Edit*
Finished bleeding and topped off. Started XTU up again and temps got somewhat better, but far from what it's supposed to be. I don't understand why a rad would give me so much trouble.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    51.1 KB · Views: 17
Back