• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Upgrade to H100i v2, High Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fueloficarus

Registered
watcool.jpg

Hey all! I just installed an H100i V2 on my FX 8320. I have it currently overclocked to 4.2 (1.41 CPU Voltage, barely over stock voltage) and I'm running Prime95. With my case all closed up I'm getting 45-47C, with it open 42-46C. I'm not a dusty guy and clean my gear often, so I'm not worried about it being open, but do these temps seem a bit high to anyone? I'm new to water cooling, and wanted to make sure this lines up with the performance other people are getting. I have the radiator mounted to the front of my case (I had to mod the case a bit, the air flow was better up front) and I added a push fan to the outside of the radiator to help with cooling. Great cooling in my case, as good as can be with a Horus anyway.

I'm wondering if I screwed up with the thermal paste or something, as it already had a little bit on there (not nearly enough).

So...does these temps sound right to anyone else?

My Rig:
OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5ghz (OCd to 4.2) | Corsair H100i V2
Water Cooler | GPU: MSI Radeon RX480 8GB | PSU: Corsair 750W Modular | Mobo: ASUS 970
Aura | 16GB DDR3RAM | WD Blue 1TB HD, SSD, Sandisk 240GB SSD CPU Fans on VRM
Heatsink and on back of socket

Wait, so running P95 (blend) your loaded temps are 45-47c? If that's the case, then those temps really good with that AIO.

Wait, so running P95 (blend) your loaded temps are 45-47c? If that's the case, then those temps really good with that AIO.
Yep, those are the loaded temps! Glad to hear it :) Thanks man! The performance boost off of the new PSU (600W EVGA before, now this 750 Corsair) is very noticeable! About to go crack open a few more ghz ;-)

Yeah, those temps are great! Very well done! Now enjoy that machine, play some games as you have enough horsepower :thup:

I am having a hell of a time getting 4.5 to be stable! I hear that using the 22.5 modifier doesn't work, but since I don't have matching RAM chips I'm nervous about using the bus o'clock. They have the same timing and latency but still

Mixing ram is not advised as you will have stability issues. Unless the different ram modules have the same timings/voltages, you're going to have problems.

Yeah I'm going to sell my PNY 8g at some point and try to use the proceeds to get another HyperX Fury Black (Best Buy would only replace the stick that came broken with the PNY because of some sale and also corporate greedyfingers). I could probably get along with 8g of ram for most gaming anyway.

I'm working on stabilizing a 4.6 clock, if you're interested in helping with that at all? Thread: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...ues-on-FX8320-at-4-6Ghz?p=7984707#post7984707

Yeah, a buddy of mine stepped on my HyperX Fury stick and managed to get Best Buy to replace it...with a PNY. I didn't ask. I believe I've found a stable 4.2 OC. I can't seem to keep 4.3 going. I ran prime95 for about a half hour, and right after the 33 minute mark I froze. Weird, as I was able to keep an OC of 4.3 with my Evo 212, but it ran so damn hot I didn't use it. I was OC'd at 4.2 with the Evo. Makes no sense, unless I have a bad ram chip or my processor is just eating it (only a year old).

A stable clock on some might not be a complete stable clock on all. I've passed benchmarks and once I gamed for two hours, it gave away. It's when you do all the benchmarks, game for hours and run some folding is when you'll know you got a good clock.

A stable clock on some might not be a complete stable clock on all. I've passed benchmarks and once I gamed for two hours, it gave away. It's when you do all the benchmarks, game for hours and run some folding is when you'll know you got a good clock.

Oh absolutely, I know. It's just weird that the exact same rig with a better cooler and psu would miss the clock, but who knows? It's entirely possible that I had the illusion of stability with my crappy power supply. There are definitely more noticeable power fluctuations in the old EVGA as compared to my new Corsair 750

Back