• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kandalf pump needs replacement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vormulac

Hi folks,

It's a while since I've been on here, but I could use some advice.

I have a ThermalTake Kandalf LCS case and it's done very well, but after 8 years the pump has packed up. I remember there was never any technical information with it about what size the tubing was or what the rating of the pump was - it never really mattered but now it needs replacing I need to find out!

Does anyone out there know what pump would be a suitable replacement I could just slot in? I'm self employed so although a brand new cutting edge system would be nice, I need to do this as cheaply as possible. I know there are various threads out there about people replacing the guts of the Kandalf completely, but I didn't want to resurrect any ancients threads.

Any help you can give me is much appreciated, so thank you in advance!

Vormulac.

Fantastic, thank you! The tubes are bigger than 1/4 so I imagine they're 3/8. I'll see if I can find a pump with a similar flow rate and 3/8 barbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you too, Lochekey :)

Thanks for the recommendation, guys. Sadly that's £115 here in the UK, which is way above my budget for a pump.

There are many good places in the EU that sell basic pumps. The pump in that system was 'very' basic when it came out. I'm sure you can find one that will suit your needs. We just don't know much about what is for sale over there.

Update your location when you join.... That can help. As far as we know you live in Texas... Or Dubai.

Apologies, I did enter my location when I joined but it wasn't displaying for some reason - I've tried again.

There are sites like Aquacomputer and Alphacool in the EU and many more. The premium pumps won't be cheap. It will be in the $100 range but for the MCP50X is usually the best priced one.

Back