• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THE PLANT VOGTLE EMULATOR BUILD!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, at 3000 revs the ball bearings might get warm and toast the fans I can't seem to find any more.
the other option is to run a methanol spray bar on the rad, through the fans.
did you not see the pics posted in the post above that????????

Makes me miss her, CD!!! Glad to see that you're putting it to good use! I hope I didn't forget any screws or anything! Looks good man.

in like new shape.
the screws don't matter, replacing them all with black oxide button heads with nylon washers, if you look real close in my lousy pics you can see them

mocking up tubes, the rad in the rear is just not going to work.
using the "T"s for the drains forces the tube to loop up and then back down to the case floor and it's going to look as bad as the water tank so I guess the loop order will be pump/res-cpu block-radiator-pump/res.
unless someone has other ideas.
I really want to do SOMETHING about the open psu cutout but, the water tank is not going to be it.

I thought the duality was a taller case?????????

what I really need is a thicker, 80 mm rad with ports on the front to run drains and ports on the side, to use 90 degree fittings for the loop.
what I run into there is I can only find one with ports on the side, it's 60mm thick, but measuring the 90S I have on hand it makes the rad 2.5mm to wide to clear the case side.

the rad will not effect operation as it's cpu only, it's just that I likes my rads like I likes me womens, thick!!!!

this rad>>> http://www.performance-pcs.com/hard...r2-multiport-black-carbon-radiator-360mm.html <<<<<<

Last edited:
No the duality is just a different front panel, you have the same case as I do a MM u2 Cyo, my is the U2 CYO with the duality front panel. Thats the only difference.

let me go look at this, I had thought the duality was a larger case...... what I get for thinking.......

that may be an option.
the bee, weeeeeeeeeelllllll.... she's the bee and with the amount of stuff I have disposed of lately she's not prone to get upset as long as I don't add to her dusting time to much.
are the holes between the power and rest buttons for leds? my case doesn't have them.

Last edited:
one thing that has become quite obvious is that with the cable mods kit is that I am going to have to grab a bunch of tiny cable ties and tie each run into a tight bundle to conserve space and for routing.

WEEEEEELLLL, NOWWWWWW, looks like the two hdds and both ssds are going in the drive bays attached to one of the lower, rear exhaust fans.
there is no way I can see making the cabling work with the ssds mounted under the motherboard support brace.
I am glad I decided not to use the rear, lower, exhaust ports for the rad and monster fans.

WEEEEELLLLLL, NOWWWWWW, #2.
the weight of the drives and psu tugging downward and inward on the rear panel is opening the seam between it and the rear io/expansion slot panel and mountain mods has given no attachment along this seam and it's surly going to give me a rattle.
I need to go have a glass of thinking fuel before I have to tear it all the way back down and bond the seam.

well.... it might have been coffee....................... yea!!! right, coffee after 6.00am HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

and if you new the TREMENDOUS, emotional distress I was under right now you might forgive me a schnort or a couple hundred.......

It's so truly bad, (sniff, sniff) so hard to talk about...........
yesterday my newish secretary, (the woman without any form) and I were sitting at our desks when my new poopydog arose from her place under my desk to her feet, walked straight over to the front of the woman without any forms desk and...and.... this is so hard........ she gave HER that poopydog snort that means, get off your lazy butt you stupid human, whatz amatta which yous, it's time for me to walk you before you pee in my after hours water bowl. sniff, sniff, what is this world coming to????????

Last edited:
moved the drive cage and drives to the back of the front intake fan.
got the cpu block led in place.
have all the cables run but not tied at this point as everything has to come out anyway and all the new pieces installed.... if it boots......
just through in a 980 for a gpu.
so now that I think I've got it all together it's time to fill it and see what it does.
I don't have an air cooler for this 2011 socket so I have to cut a little tube and I guess the water system had just best not leak.

first attempt and..... wait for it.......nothin, a whole lots O nuttinI'm going to have to work out the power and reset button wiring I seem to have it wrong but with 0 instructions... what do ya want.......

redid the power and rest buttons, the two wires in a single connecter are the button, the two wires with a connector on each one are the leds.
time to load a Linux live cd for a test, then the real fun begins..........

I'm on it now, everything seems to be working fine.
I have a few thins to sort out.
the rear, upper exhaust fan is at full scream and really loud, I got the white led in the water block and not the red so I'll have to change that, I have to hook up some speakers to test the front panel audio in the lian li usb 3/audio device,
punch holes in the rear panel for through hulls and 90 degree fittings for drains tear it all out, get it wire managed and put it all beck together one last time......

Last edited:
well, I got it wire managed and guess what, it looks like crap, as bad as, if not worse than the pics already posted.
sooooo, I have moved to plan "B" and that is ramping up now.
what is plan B, you might ask.
plan B is for when you really suck at something that is going to really matter to you so you find someone that is much better at it than you are and get them to do it and because you have proven that you suck at it you get to let them do it their way so, that's what I am doing.

Back