• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long time, No fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom_ozahoski

Hello, I don't know if anyone around these days remembers me. I was on the old forums here (that dates me doesn't it?) and was an active folder in the early days. I stopped folding for many years (wife, kids, job, career and other things were more important) and have recently decided to get back into the fold! I don't have much to fold with but have borged a few computers from work and as of tonight seem to be averaging about 100k PPD. My goal is to earn as many points as I before I leave on my upcoming deployment. You see I'm in the Air force and i'm going to be leaving for some time but I have 6-9 months before I go. So that is my story rack up as many points before I leave.

Wish me luck!

Tom

Hello, I don't know if anyone around these days remembers me. I was on the old forums here (that dates me doesn't it?) and was an active folder in the early days. I stopped folding for many years (wife, kids, job, career and other things were more important) and have recently decided to get back into the fold! I don't have much to fold with but have borged a few computers from work and as of tonight seem to be averaging about 100k PPD. My goal is to earn as many points as I before I leave on my upcoming deployment. You see I'm in the Air force and i'm going to be leaving for some time but I have 6-9 months before I go. So that is my story rack up as many points before I leave.

Wish me luck!

Tom

6 words, GPU GPU GPU Supercomputer Supercomputer Supercomputer :rofl: GPU's are where it's at these days unless you can get your hands on a supercomputer like RamonetB , he is doing a burnin on a supercomputer.
Oh Welcome back.

Uhhh I hope you checked all the blocks installing software on DoD computers....

I should of mentioned it was on the computers at my civilian job! LoL!!

- - - Updated - - -

6 words, GPU GPU GPU Supercomputer Supercomputer Supercomputer :rofl: GPU's are where it's at these days unless you can get your hands on a supercomputer like RamonetB , he is doing a burnin on a supercomputer.
Oh Welcome back.

Anyone wanna donate a Nvidia gpu or 2 to the cause?

Happy to have you in the fold. You air force guys always gave me a great platform to exit from. :)

well don not always. I have had few that thought it was going be cool to bank right or left as the ligt came on. lol jk they did a great job. AIRBORNE.

welcome back

I've borged all I can borg and I can't borg no more! Actually I'm on vacation for a week and a half so my numbers should stabilize until I get back and borg another system or three.

I've borged all I can borg and I can't borg no more! Actually I'm on vacation for a week and a half so my numbers should stabilize until I get back and borg another system or three.
Enjoy your vacation! Actually gonna stop production for a few days. Need to face-punch my CPU with some stupid calculations, simple ones, iterated 2^32-1 times... :O

It's a long story, but for a class and finishing up my current WUs (will break 4 million today), then beginning some programming.

Back