• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Latest BS from HWBot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LN2 is very fun. :)

HWBot never used to be a circus but I guess people will do whatever it takes to show that they are better than someone else.

LN2 is very fun. :)

HWBot never used to be a circus but I guess people will do whatever it takes to show that they are better than someone else.

Even if that means ruining the fun for everyone else it seems.

Yeah well its not too much different than everything else in our lives it seems. I liked it when there were no points, and it was all about submission. Best were best, and everyone tried to go after the best in a fair manor.

I don't mind the competitiveness the points give but why the cheating. It's not like there's any value at all for most of it. A few comps have prizes but mostly it's just bragging rights. It's beyond me how anyone can feel any sort of pride in achieving first place by rigging the game.

@ Fasttrack, looks like they kept your sub as well.

This kind of crap is exactly why I don't submit any more. It'd be way better if they just let any and all tweaks fly...

This kind of crap is exactly why I don't submit any more. It'd be way better if they just let any and all tweaks fly...

There has to be some kind of structure though IMO or it just gets out of hand. I think that would suck more of the fun out than all the rules they have.

At least rules should be clear while for some benchmarks are described and for others are like "you should read forum thread where we were talking about it 3 months ago". Some benchmarks don't even have full description or rules.
There are also unwritten moderation rules ( or at least were when I was hwbot mod ) like old submissions which were never reported shouldn't be blocked for reasons like not enough proof/no screenshot etc or missing non-important stuff on the screenshot. There are some other rules like that but for some reason they apply only to some submissions/users.

I don't even have to mention that all hwbot wrappers are total crap ( but I will :p ). Heaven is not working on non-english OS versions at default and to make it work have to change localization and some other stuff. Even then sometimes it's crashing in the middle of the test or while showing results. There are also some other random errors which are known for couple of years but no one cares to fix them.
Aquamark wrapper is a joke. Generated files on new computers are often corrupted, auto submission was never working and any online connection causes it to crash. Errors are well known for a long time but no one cares to fix them.
X264 submission is often broken. It submits results without user name.
Gpupi requires perfect environment to work good. It may crash at settings which application doesn't like. At least submission is working.

Hwbot is promoting themselves as a product but quality is really poor. I just see that more serious overclockers are posting results there just because they have to as it's part of their work. Less people are using hwbot for fun each year. It's changing to marketing tool and nothing else.

" Less people are using hwbot for fun each year. It's changing to marketing tool and nothing else ".

It is a fact.
Sad but true.
Instead of being a play yard, it has turned into a "battlefield".
Two battlefields actually.
One for the naïve new comers, who rally to who will report more subs :(
One for the pros ( representing and promoting vendors interests ), who, with the tolerance of the BOT, do whatever it takes to be first.

BTW, I was advised last night, by a fully trustable source, that the OC Labs I7-7700K, which in the hands of non-participating Mad Che ( in house top overclocker ) of Galax,
Holds all records, changed hands for a mere 2.500 USD.
And the buyer ?
Asus.
And the bencher ?
Dancop.

We live in a beautiful romantic world.

Best to all,

George :)

I remember when Dancop was asking me for help in simple things because he couldn't beat me in some benchmarks ~2 years ago. It's also bringing what some guys like Splave said ( and I agree with him ). Why should all tweaks be available and clearly described ? It's the point of being competitive, that you know more than others and actually spent a lot of time to figure it out. Right now it's like if you won't share your tweaks then all are assuming you are cheating.

Some years ago all were working hard to beat others. Now it's like top hardware+LN2 and other overclockers profiles. XTU is the biggest joke here. At the end Nick Shih made that XTU WR profile for ASRock OCF or not ? I wasn't following after I sold my OCF. But what I mean is that most overclockers don't have much knowledge about what are they doing, they are just using profiles made by others. In most cases profiles are made by companies like ASUS so their hardware beat all others in rankings. Each new premiere is like ASUS has 10 WR, week later Gigabyte has 9 WR, then ASRock has 12 WR and at the end you have EVGA where guys with great skills are beating all in graphics card categories. Each premiere you see the same news just numbers are different.

So again it's nice to promote OCF competitions as we see that all who take part in them have fun. Still we could use some promotion and support ( some prizes from time to time ) from couple of vendors to maybe motivate more forum users.

Learning to create tweaks, and having individual/Forum black books was part of the fun imo. I remember when everyone was gunning for KingPins group because they were taking down WR left and right. Everyone was convinced there were secret forum rooms to discuss all their tricks and the like. Turns out all the information was pretty public in their chat systems. Still the friendly team competitiveness was a lot more fun in the days when tricks and "cheats" were more important to figure out on your own. Now, don't get me wrong, when people start playing with system clocks and low level kernal to create imaginary gains, that is foul play. However when you are doing simple memory tricks so that the system is forced to run the program at a higher optimized routine, that's fair play.

I have not been active for a long time in the benching scene by any means, and I was more of an onlooker enjoying watching from the sidelines and discussing with the pros when I was active. The sad truth to all of this is that its now just marketing creating hyped up information with very little proof demonstrating that their parts are the best. The hobby aspect quickly changed when people realized that jobs could be created (who doesn't want their hobby as a job) but the soul of the whole system has somewhat just been lost. The saddest part is that when I look at the future of x86, I don't see overclocking really part of it. Architectures are going to become very complex very quickly, and new hardware will be introduced. Consumer side will become far more simple, and linear (look at Ryzen overclocking as an example). We may have just about till 2025 to really enjoy any form of overclocking on the x86 before we see a huge change in the market.

I do agree with the market shift, big time. I mean aside from Gamers, the odd at home video guru and us who has a desktop in their home. I don't work in the industry and would have to say 70% or more of the people here have tablets/laptops or just phones to feed their internet/entertainment needs. Out of the other 25% probably half have some old core 2 machine collecting dust in a corner somewhere.
On another note I think I just got a great deal on a 23" 1080 monitor from newegg.ca works out to ~ $82 USD. I checked the same refurb monitor on newegg.com it's $199 US
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produ...4025348&_ga=1.184236070.1475195099.1466700549 $109 CDN
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...4025348&_ga=1.179478308.1475195099.1466700549 $199 USD

:) shawn guess you don't really read my PM or It could be me writing the PM when drunk :D- this is the main reason I took a break couldn't believe what I was reading on why this cheat was a tweak.It just blow my mind instead of calling people out it was better just to take a break and let it past

Shawn go back a couple of PM's and maybe now it may make sense

I get it man, I really do. Sometimes you're just not very specific.

Back