• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo 3 is official :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn, I have to wait that long... well now... that sucks :p

D2 should hopefully keep me busy for that long :D

Yeah, Diablo 2 sales and play have gone through the roof with this announcement.

Anyone about level 50 on US West Ladder?
p.s. I need runes for Spirit ;)

I'm on US West, although the Asian gateways are closer I tend to know more people on US West... not even lvl 20 :(

well this thread inspired me to dig out my old Diablo CD to re-live some of the golden-years of gaming...

got myself a legit level 14 sorcerer built up on the .net servers...

suprisingly it isn't hard at all to find others still playing or willing to join a game that I start

tragically - it looks like Blizzard never got around to fixing the duping problems. I think I've only encountered 2 or three out of 30+ players that weren't duping/hacking in some obvious way. I feel like a real minority.

after awhile I think i'll dig out my Diablo 2 CD's =) and give the assassin/druid classes a try for the first time...

Diablo 1? Damn.. i haven't played that in years... I have a copy of that around here somewhere... hrmm.. that could be fun...

well this thread inspired me to dig out my old Diablo CD to re-live some of the golden-years of gaming...

got myself a legit level 14 sorcerer built up on the .net servers...

suprisingly it isn't hard at all to find others still playing or willing to join a game that I start

tragically - it looks like Blizzard never got around to fixing the duping problems. I think I've only encountered 2 or three out of 30+ players that weren't duping/hacking in some obvious way. I feel like a real minority.

after awhile I think i'll dig out my Diablo 2 CD's =) and give the assassin/druid classes a try for the first time...

PLay on a Ladder... a lot less hacking and duping...

With a total of 5...and 1 original + 1 new being announced...that means at least 1 class from D2 was cut.

I'm betting the Paladin is gone for sure.

assasin prob.

witch doctor is a mix of necro and druid....so that is covered

but i am a barb man myself!

Anyone remember when you could exploit rabies with werewolf druids? You'd max rabies and fury and use a maul with 6 perfect emeralds and the poison damage would go into the millions?

good times

Got to say I like frenzy barbs, fury druids, and javazons the best

This thread inspired me to dust off my Diablo (first one) CD and try to play through so I can be fully refreshed on the storyline. Suprisingly made quite a few new connections between Diablo and DOTA that I never picked up on before!

Also suprised to find how many still play on b.net. Very easy to find/join a game with many players.

Unpleasantly suprised to find the duping is a major problem STILL unsolved by the B-team... guess their priorities have long since moved on =/. Pretty sure my new ~level14 sorcerer is in a very tight minority of legit characters... I met maybe 2 or 3 of 30+ individuals this weekend who weren't obviously duping/cheating in some manner.

Fun times though... I'll definitely wrap up D1 and plug into D2 next... should have plenty of time to totally catch up on all I forgot. Hoping D2's duping problem has been addressed since I last played =).

edit: oops deja vu... thought my last post didn't make it ^_^;

Last edited:
Anyone remember when you could exploit rabies with werewolf druids? You'd max rabies and fury and use a maul with 6 perfect emeralds and the poison damage would go into the millions?

good times

Javazons FTW. Those things were killing machines!!:)

good times

to be more up to date..
necros, druids, trap sins, properly built barbs, hammer pallys, and hacking smiter/chargers are what make up 1.12 d2 pvp

I can't say i'm a PVP person in D2, I mostly enjoy running around and playing through the campaigns with mates :D

I just had a neat class idea... kinda based on the new N'aix (if you play DOTA)...

The class would be called something like "Infecter" (that'd need some work lol). It would be a class with very limited strengths/ablilities prior to using it's main ability tree centered around taking the form, or infecting, other various demons/monsters/humanoids in the game.

You maybe have a few skill trees focusing on the various basic enemy types: undead, humanoid, demonic, animal. The abilities within each would be very nonspecific, like "melee attack" or "projectiles." Infesting any particular enemy would then allow you to use that enemy's unique abilities as they apply to those skills you've built up (lots of variety/strategy to build from). Not all monsters have equally cool abilities, so they would compensate by having differing abilities to equip/hold/use items. For example, a typical lumbering zombie would be kinda pretty slow and dull, but would have the advantage of being able to use most/all of the usual equipment available to humanoids...

Stats would get penalties/bonuses to match each type of monster... so infesting/possesing something quick and annoying would need to have higher evasion but less hp... --> +dex, -sta stats.

PvP would obviously be pretty interesting with the multitude of approaches and perhaps the ability to "hide" (not get attacked by) within similar monsters, so as to ambush!

Imagine starting off in Diablo 2 with this character: Early on you may need to up your experience as a weak class before you earn your abilities to possess (okay I think Possessor sounds cooler than Infecter). Once you have acquired them, you'll be able to choose to possess one of the local beasts/fauna... In the first Act alone you have a huge array of playstyle options:

undead skill tree would apply to: bow/melee/mage skeletons, zombie
humanoid: rogue archer-chicks, rogue spear-chicks, rogue sword-chicks
animals: quill beasts, axe-wielding cows, spiders, wendigos (the apeish things)
demons: melee/mage fallen (the little goblins), goatmen (?)

This is all based on my distant memory so I'm probably forgetting a few... But the point is there are tons of playstyle options... and with each possessable creature being somewhat limited/flawed, it will be a necessity to swap between the availiable possessees to progress through the game.

Being able to possess unique (but probably not boss) enemies would probably be an upper-level ability only aquireable after prerequisites... doing so would probably result in more favorable stat bonus/penalties and/or acquiring that enemy's resistances/immunities/items.

What do you think? I think... MAN I SHOULD WORK AT BLIZZARD!!!

Back