• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Leak!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It runs in the background and only helps memory to be managed better. If you have insuffiant RAM, you'll just have to deal with swap slowdowns. 512Mb is plenty for most stuff. It won't dump memory if it's being used by something.

Give it a tryout. The price is right ;)

Audioaficionado said:
It runs in the background and only helps memory to be managed better. If you have insuffiant RAM, you'll just have to deal with swap slowdowns. 512Mb is plenty for most stuff. It won't dump memory if it's being used by something.

Give it a tryout. The price is right ;)
meh! then i'd have to pay for it! this is my parents computer. i want it to work, not be fast, lol. once i get my p4p800 w/2.4c and "2ghz" athlon xp, both of which were free! b/c c'mon, if i built a computer it wouldn't be a 1.8ghz willie. but i WOULD take a free one!:)

ssprncvegeta said:
it sure was.

any idea how to make it have less issues?
#

You could try:

* Using it only when the computer is turned off, or in power outages;

* Running only one application at a time, and restarting after you finish with each application;

* Running it on faulty hardware so you can blame that when it goes wrong; or

* Use the box in which it came to build a Frankenstien computer based on old laptop parts, put Linux on it, and then you can claim that you are running a computer "in Windows ME" without any problems.

ME is a cross between 98se & XP home ed. I tried it out for a week and after I tweaked it a bit, it was OK and didn't crash more than 98 did. Not bad nor was it all that great either. So I deleted the windows folder and just installed 98lite in it's place.

I use XP pro SP1 corp ed now. Even 98 starts to annoy me after a few minutes when I have it running. I can't wait to reboot back into XP.

I'm still trying to figure out what we tech support folks did wrong to deserve WinME as something we have to troubleshoot....
My advice is usually to format and get XP or if your PC can't hack it, back to 98SE :D

ME = Money Edition :p

Helped pay the lawyers durring the DoJ anti-trust lawsuite ;)

I think it should be called the Monkey Edition because you have to monkey around with it to make it work half-way decently.

Audioaficionado said:
ME is a cross between 98se & XP home ed. I tried it out for a week and after I tweaked it a bit, it was OK and didn't crash more than 98 did. Not bad nor was it all that great either. So I deleted the windows folder and just installed 98lite in it's place.

I use XP pro SP1 corp ed now. Even 98 starts to annoy me after a few minutes when I have it running. I can't wait to reboot back into XP.

Actuall no..

ME came about when windows 2000 came out and they had nothing out for the home user so they more or less took 98 and added windows 2000 icons to it and said here home users here is a new O/S for it because home user were complaining that they had not new O/S

As for the just "delete" the windows folder..lol no wonder your 98 wont work right, that is the worse thing u can do.

98SE is the 98 to have. if u have to have 98SE or ME - get 98SE.

You've mistaken me for someone else. I've never had a problem with any version of windows. I deleted the ME window folder and the program folder when I was booted in w2k. Then I just installed 98lite on the now empty partition. Worked just fine. 98 didn't even bother the boot files so the w2k/98lite dual boot still worked.

Some of the features in ME are things I didn't see in 2000 but I have seen in XP like the native zip utility.

Back