• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking with ASUS M5A78L-M LX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As I said, I would just see how far you can overclock with only the CPU multiplier, no extra voltage. Test with Prime95 for two hours when you think you found the limit and if you can't pass two hours, back off a little on the multiplier. Always, always monitor temps. Safe temp range is under 70C. I wouldn't go over 65C with either the core temp or the CPU temp. With a stock cooler they should be close to each other anyway.

3.6 ghz (201*18)
at 62C max running blend test(its usually 60 tho)
TMPIN0 is 60C
TMPIN1 is 42C

Also, i would like to know what raising voltages does
And is it possible to lower voltages to reduce temperatures
And my core temps are max 60 when i dont open any games while running prime 95 and hwmonitor

Yes, lowering voltages will lower temps but it also may cause your CPU to become unstable. You can probably lower it a little and still be stable at the stock frequency. As overclocking progresses into the higher ranges more CPU core voltage is required to keep it stable.

Last edited:
stable at 3.8 LOL

i wonder if it can get up to 4 ghz

Are you doing adequate stress testing? Like at least 2 hours of Prime95 blend? I'm quite surprised you have been able to overclock it to 3.8, if it's truly stable at that speed which means more than it will do casual computing.

Ive been doing 1 hr tests while doing normal things like playing flash games and word processing
It got up to 64C but usually stayed at 61C if i wasnt playing games
ahhhh
i was eating lunch and it crashed on me
i was gonna try a 2hr test but it crashed within 30ish minutes

Last edited:
Back