• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA fx5700 ultra at Best Buy (limited edition DDR II)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
walldow said:
SIR BARTON-

hows that EVGA card going? got over 550 yet? how hot's it running at the 545 you benched? the 5700's are running alot cooler.

this is a really good card, i was playing halo at 560/1030 last night without a hitch, but as soon as i tried for 565 it locked up on me :(. if i knew how to Vmod this basturd maybe id be seeing 575-600? who knows. im not really a candidate to vmod this card yet because ive only had it for a week lol.

walldow, I think the 340 build of 3dmark03 is chopping out at least 500 points, look at the older builds scores, particularily rthatchjr who is on 540core and gets about 4.5k.

I think with the old build and 600Mhz you'd be looking at 4700-4800 at least.

Anyhow, he is now in second, I beat him by 4 points . I bet that annoys him :)

I bet he's benching as we speak to get it back.

Regards

Andy

Sir Barton said:

this is a really good card, i was playing halo at 560/1030 last night without a hitch, but as soon as i tried for 565 it locked up on me :(. if i knew how to Vmod this basturd maybe id be seeing 575-600? who knows. im not really a candidate to vmod this card yet because ive only had it for a week lol.

voltmod for the card can be found here:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224400&highlight=volt

as soon as i get my 5700 i'll update the thread! i have a friend that has the same card you have and he sent me a couple of pics and looks like the core voltage mode controller and memory voltage controller are the same as the 5600 referance desighn

the 5700 you have(EVGA) is an NVIDIA referance design. uses the same controller as my 5600. the layout is a little differant but the conection pins are the same. if you have any doughts send me a close up of the back side of the card and i'll show you the conection points on the 5700!

Sir Barton said:
i dunno, but its clocked at 500/1000. still uses the 2.2ns mem like the rest of the 5700U use.

It performs pretty well. My GS does 1070 on the memory which is pretty good for 2.2ns.

The core does 570 no problems and 590-600 with some screen effects for benching. Effects such as the turtles eyes on 3dmark03 going red yellow blue in a sort of evil fashion :)

It doesn't get too warm either, even with the stock heatsink on.

Regards

Andy

hey Zakelwe,
you better be getting on the ball! Leekibble has posted a 4700 using the 53.03 drivers?

you tride those drivers yet? there not HWQL. but looks like they are doing pretty good.

walldow said:
hey Zakelwe,
you better be getting on the ball! Leekibble has posted a 4700 using the 53.03 drivers?

you tride those drivers yet? there not HWQL. but looks like they are doing pretty good.

are u getting this card for its benchmark score, which is almost 100% sure to be exaggerated, or to game?

walldow said:
hey Zakelwe,

4700 ! He's not your long lost brother is he ;) :D

In regards to Tomahawk, I've just been playing Halo at 30-40fsp using FRAPS 1024x768 and it is OK. Halo is quite intensive so this is a good gaming card as well.

THIS IS THE BEST MID RANGE NVIDIA CARD SINCE GF4 4200 AND BEATS THAT CARD IN NO AA/AF AND WALLOPS IT WITH AA/AF ..happy now ?

Whether it is better than a 9600XT with HL token is another matter, but it should be better in Doom3.

I played C&C as well and that was fine too. I've got Max Payne 2 as well but if LeekyBible keeps putting up stuff then I'll never get time to play it before walldow gets out his variable pot and pops in a 5000 :)

Let me have a look. he's even bragging he beat my 4063 score in his name section ... oh, let me dig out the "nvidia optimised 53.03" drivers ( which turn 340 back to 330 again ;) ) .

Actually, to be honest the 53.30 drivers have fixed a lot of game bugs and Morrowind is very smooth apparently, though I don't play that.

Back soon

Regards

Andy

Last edited:
zakelwe said:

4700 ! He's not your long lost brother is he ;) :D

In regards to Tomahawk, I've just been playing Halo at 30-40fsp using FRAPS 1024x768 and it is OK. Halo is quite intensive so this is a good gaming card as well.

THIS IS THE BEST MID RANGE NVIDIA CARD SINCE GF4 4200 AND BEATS THAT CARD IN NO AA/AF AND WALLOPS IT WITH AA/AF ..happy now ?

Whether it is better than a 9600XT with HL token is another matter, but it should be better in Doom3.

I played C&C as well and that was fine too. I've got Max Payne 2 as well but if LeekyBible keeps putting up stuff then I'll never get time to play it before walldow gets out his variable pot and pops in a 5000 :)

Let me have a look. he's even bragging he beat my 4063 score in his name section ... oh, let me dig out the "nvidia optimised 53.03" drivers ( which turn 340 back to 330 again ;) ) .

Actually, to be honest the 53.30 drivers have fixed a lot of game bugs and Morrowind is very smooth apparently, though I don't play that.

Back soon

Regards

Andy

the problem i have is with the det 50 drivers. although the latest batch greatly improves IQ and performance, they are not rendering everything on screen. in halo, many pipes and lights are missing, which is pointed out in a few articles. although i personally could not visually see what they were talking about, i dont like the feeling of being cheated. i am pretty interested, however, about how well the gainward gs 5700ultra performs. right now, unless i find a cheap high end card within a week, which looks unlikely, i will be either getting the 9600xt or the 5700ultra. the asylum 5700u also appears to be a good OCer.

TomaHawk47x said:

the problem i have is with the det 50 drivers. although the latest batch greatly improves IQ and performance, they are not rendering everything on screen. in halo, many pipes and lights are missing, which is pointed out in a few articles. although i personally could not visually see what they were talking about, i dont like the feeling of being cheated. i am pretty interested, however, about how well the gainward gs 5700ultra performs. right now, unless i find a cheap high end card within a week, which looks unlikely, i will be either getting the 9600xt or the 5700ultra. the asylum 5700u also appears to be a good OCer.

I guess that paragraph sums up a lot of what we are thinking at the moment. We have to lay out $$ on a card so want all the eye candy and good frame rates. We expect eye candy as the developer meant it and expect high frame rates from the hardware suppliers. But this simple wish is being bent nowadays .. :(

If you can get a 5900 non ultra as cheap as a 5700U then go for it as you will have 4x2 rather than 4x1 and 256 bit RAM bandwidth. If you can't then the 5700U is a very good gamers card IMO. I bought a 5600U and that was not really as good as the Gf4 series, but this card is better - at last !.

The Gainward Golden Sample 5900 Non Ultra has the same memory as the Ultra, so if you can get one of these you will not be disappointed. Any fool can clock the core up to Ultra speeds.

To be honest, if you can't see what people are talking about IQ wise in photo's you don't need to worry about it in the game as you will be too busy shooting.

The simple rule is, get a card that is a lot faster than your present card, run it and say WOW, then ignore what other people say on the web.

That goes for hi-fi's and cars as well.

Regards

Andy

PS while I was talking .. here's 5000
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1623422

GOOD ONE ZAKELWE!

LET HIM SUCK ON THAT FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.

MAKES MY MOUTH WATER SEE YOU GUYS PLAYING NICE WITH EACH OTHER.

DAMN LEADTEK STILL HASN'T RELEASED YET!

THIS SUCKS! BUY THE TIME I GET MY CARD I WON'T HAVE ANY ONE TO PLAY WITH! EXCEPT YOU! DON'T GET ME WRONG WE PLAY WELL TOGETHER BUT IT'S ALOT MORE FIUN WHEN YOU GOT THREE OR FOUR PEOPLE COMPETEING!

GOOD LUCK, AND I HOPE TO BE ON THE BATTLEFIELD BY NEXT WEEKEND.

My FX5900 non ultra bench 4950 @ stock. 5305 @ O/C 450/905.

Like a couple of these guys are saying, if you can find a 5900 non ultra at the price of 5700 ultra, get the 5900 non ultra.

FYI, uninstall all your current driver, and then use Nasty File Remover (or equavilent) to remove the remaining files. Reboot the computer, then install the latest 53.03 driver.

Sir Barton said:
hey zakelwe, what do you have your card clocked to? i ran 540/1030 on my last run and got a bit over 4300?

600/1070 for that run, about the very limit. I guess it could go a bit higher but both me and walldow had a few heart in the mouth moments with the 5600U and as this is my new game card I don't want to blow it.

walldow, hopefully you will get it soon. Maybe there will be more people to play this time as it should be more popular than the the 5600U. Maybe one of the big guns will get one for a laugh ?

Kenshiro, yes, shows the power of the 5900 that score does. In the UK the 5900 is a lot more expensive than the 5700U for some reason. the 5700U is £140 or so and the 5900 is £230-60 which is about $350++ :( .

I'm going to save up for the nv40 I think now and await Doom3.

I don't know why but Halo strikes me as looking exactly like Ravens Star Trek Voyager Elite Force or whatever it was called.

Regards

Andy

zakelwe said:

Kenshiro, yes, shows the power of the 5900 that score does. In the UK the 5900 is a lot more expensive than the 5700U for some reason. the 5700U is £140 or so and the 5900 is £230-60 which is about $350++ :( .

Regards

Andy

Man, that is WAAAAYYYY overprice for a 5900 non ultra. If that is the case, go for the ATI 9800 pro. I hope UK price is the same as us for ATI products.

Back