• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA fx5700 ultra at Best Buy (limited edition DDR II)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kenshiro said:

Man, that is WAAAAYYYY overprice for a 5900 non ultra. If that is the case, go for the ATI 9800 pro. I hope UK price is the same as us for ATI products.

Er no :( Britian and Europe as all expensive unfortunately. The FX 5700U is actually one of the bargains. The 9600 XT not bad either, but they are still as expensive as the USA and most are dearer.

Regards

Andy

what about the BFG Asylum from newegg? in reviews they were able to acheive very high overclocks. it also has ramsinks on both sides of the card.

TomaHawk47x said:
what about the BFG Asylum from newegg? in reviews they were able to acheive very high overclocks. it also has ramsinks on both sides of the card.

BFG is about like EVGA they put out good solid cards. but they stick too the specs! unlike gainward and leadtek, just to name a couple actualy, bump up the voltage to the cards just alittle to get better overclocks.

also the BFG uses stock Nvidia referance BIOS. top card maufactures have have there own bios writers that actualy make certain optimizations in bios to help the card out.

for instance: my fx 5600 ultra from leadtek doesn't have a 2D mode it's clocked in 3D mode at all times. they also done away with that detect clock speeds crap as well! resulting in more control of the card! just my opinion!

yeah i kind of wish i waited for the chaintech 5700U golden sample, from what ive heard so far that thing just rocks. but what can i do, i still love my eVGA, and it doesnt trail behind the GS too badly.

Sir Barton said:
yeah i kind of wish i waited for the chaintech 5700U golden sample, from what ive heard so far that thing just rocks. but what can i do, i still love my eVGA, and it doesnt trail behind the GS too badly.

"golden sample" is made by GAINARD. wich ZAKELWE has.

chaintech is pretty sweet. they have been puting out some decent cards!

Just benchmark my friend's o/c EVGA FX5900 non ultra. He scored a 5576 on 3Dmark03 340 @ 500/900.

I think his EVGA is more overclockable than my XFX.

My card can't go above 450/900.

We are all at stock voltage.

Just some info in case you are picking the manufacturers for the FX5900 non ultra.

It's funny how you tend to end up with one manufacturer and stick to them. I actually like MSI as well, I've got two of their cards, GF4 4400 and FX 5200 Ultra and both have been fairly solid overclockers. Not spectacular but not bad either. They are red as well, just like the Gainward so maybe I have a thing for red cards ? :)

I lost my 5600U 2001 record to a Bulgarian team 2 weeks ago and this week my 5700U record has also gone down to another Bulgarian team .. what have I done to them ?! :D Bulgaria v Andy .. Bulgaria 2, Andy 0.

Sigh.

Regards

Andy

zakelwe said:

I lost my 5600U 2001 record to a Bulgarian team 2 weeks ago and this week my 5700U record has also gone down to another Bulgarian team .. what have I done to them ?! :D Bulgaria v Andy .. Bulgaria 2, Andy 0.

Sigh.

Regards

Andy

sounds like it's about time for a volt mod, if you ask me!:D

also! i don't see them doing any good in 2003 wich is more card dependant,other than system dependant like 2001?

Last edited:
TomaHawk47x said:
This just arrived at newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=14-128-171

its a golden sample, however i cannot find any info on its gauranteed overclocking speeds by gainward. its basically this or the BBA Radeon 9600xt.

Well, the deault is 475/900 but when you select enhanced mode in the expert tool it goes to 500/1000 and they even show this on the box, so it is almost a guarrantee.

As I say, mine does 550/1050 rock solid and 590-600/1070 with screen issues.

Regards

Andy

walldow said:

sounds like it's about time for a volt mod, if you ask me!:D

also! i don't see them doing any good in 2003 wich is more card dependant,other than system dependant like 2001?

I'll leave the volt modding up to guys without shaky hands due to too much drinking ;) I looked at your volt mod guide for the 5600U and the legs on that IC were tiny !

My AMD64 motherboard arrived back yesterday and so I shall see if I can get past them in 2001 now it's back. My AMD64 will only do 2330-2350 for 3dmark and there's does 2410, but my video card clocks higher. It'll be they who have to volt mod hopefully ...

If you are interested walldo, check my scores in the top 5 for 2001, the top one is with 44.03 and the second top is 52.16 .. compare the nature scores !!!! Get the impression the 44.03 had an " optimisation" in them for nature ? :D Unfortunately apart from dragothic low a lot of the other games lose marks, but even so it is the driver to use for a good score. Sadly it is very flaky and you have to run each test one by one with a gap in between or else it downclock itself with the 44.03..must have been an issue I guess.

Regards

Andy

I have managed to get back top spot from the Bugarians ! I put in a 19850 run and they said they were going back into the office today to try and beat it. Go back into the office ? Sounds a bit organised for me !

Anyhow I have a 20.2k backup if they beat it, hopefully they won't put in a 20.3 as I am at the limit at present.

This 5700U tends to downclock itself too readily for my licking, so i suspect it will be a good candidate for cooling.

Regards

Andy

zakelwe said:
Go back into the office ? Sounds a bit organised for me !

This 5700U tends to downclock itself too readily for my licking, so i suspect it will be a good candidate for cooling.

Regards

Andy

LOL! the office! sounds like they couldn't afford a fx setup, so they had to talk there boss into getting one! now there using it for benching.how lame! well i guess thats one way to get what you want?

nice work, keeping them on there toes!

Leadtek is realy starting to **** me off. still no 5700 ultra in retail!:mad: i have come real close to getting a chaintech 5900 non ultra from newegg. but desided to hold off for leadtek alittle while longer.

funny how money just burns a hole in youre pocket!

I'm really interested in the Gainward "Golden Sample" FX5700 Ultra. BUT does this use DDR 1 or DDR 2? It just says DDR on newegg and gainward.com. Overall tho, id say this is a very high quality card from what i can see. the cooling looks great, with a heatsink and ramsinks on the front and back, and a guaranteed clock speed of 500/1000. but, will this outperform the 9600xt? i dont want to get this card b/c of the pretty numbers it can OC to, i want to know how itll perform. if u can clear up my ram question, that would help as well.

Zakelwe, did u say u have this card? how well do games run on it and do u use and IQ settings?

TomaHawk47x said:
I'm really interested in the Gainward "Golden Sample" FX5700 Ultra. BUT does this use DDR 1 or DDR 2? It just says DDR on newegg and gainward.com. Overall tho, id say this is a very high quality card from what i can see. the cooling looks great, with a heatsink and ramsinks on the front and back, and a guaranteed clock speed of 500/1000. but, will this outperform the 9600xt? i dont want to get this card b/c of the pretty numbers it can OC to, i want to know how itll perform. if u can clear up my ram question, that would help as well.

Zakelwe, did u say u have this card? how well do games run on it and do u use and IQ settings?
it will SPANK that 9600 with ease !

i was just comparing aquamark scores.....and when i compared my 5700U to the 9600 series, i was #52 out of 1502. not too many 9600XTs ahead of me, most were below. i know thats only 1 benchmark, but it does bench with a real game.

EDIT: 53.03s DID NOT improve my aquamark3 scores, they stayed the same.

Last edited:
can anyone confirm whether or not the gainward "golden sample" 5700u used ddr or ddr2....newegg and their site on say 128mb DDR.

Back