• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA fx5700 ultra at Best Buy (limited edition DDR II)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sir Barton said:
wow thats awesome walldow....700MHz core. how far did you push the memory with the voltmod? did you break 1100MHz? i think with a good voltmod it should hit around 1200MHz.

http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/users/hayes/files/700mhz core clock.JPG

i didn't mod the memory it wouldn't do any good the ram runs way tooo hot by putting some good sinks on i got too 1080 but the sinks will burn you if you ltouch them for t long.its a heat prolem for the ram.

the core is a differant story alot of headroom hear guys!

hmmm, 700mhz core eh?

dunno about how all of you are dealing with the heat so well, but my stock cooling *sucks*

not just sucks, but blows too

and its got not one, not two, but THREE fans

i hate that thing so much its not even funny, AND its LOUD

grrrr.

but anyways, alrite, about them software voltage controls:

1. there's some kinda throttle control on it that blows the thing back as soon as it hits a certain temp and also

2. if the core becomes unstable because of voltage (or lack thereof)

so,

3. i've gotten to the point where 2d mode can be disabled, both software AND hardware, and

4. there's more than one possible mode from the software, registry says maybe four modes, but i think its just been renamed, but if i try em' then the computer crashes, so dunno, its in a .cat or a dll file or something, has multiple occurences and all of which needs to change...

which brings me to..

5. for now, i'm just loading newer driver files with the hooks from a much older set of drivers, does the job, but lacks forceware, which is then bad in its own way...

6. there's this other dude that i mentioned software controls in the drivers to that got all excited and is working on the actual modifications to the drivers that will be able to control not only the voltage, but also the 2d/3d mode switching,...

so, where does he fit in?

7. after i pointed out where the actual differences in the drivers that change as the core goes from 3d into 2d mode and back, he's now started work on just a registry patch that will simply allow a check box that will simply "disable 3d mode" , just like coolbits or something

and now for a more uncertain future:

there's also some other people that are and have been looking into this for the longest time ever that i have just met that are thinking of making a voltage feedback adjustment thing like the new nvidia system board thing since they use *very* similar software hooks, and these guys are crazy enough that they're been working on this all the way back to the 5800 non ultra age...

so in conclusion i gotta talk this over with some more people before there's any hope of any of this en mass; was thinking of something like once its finished, get the omega corner drivers dude to release em or something, but dunno now cause he kinda hates anything nvidia

but, but, (now the good news) the modes could definitely be altered, and on the hardware side, (me), there's a feedback pin which needs to be cut or *blown* (e.g. 5v psu athlon bridge cutting) which is where all the voltage values are coming from, which *does* mean that not only is there a full possibility of some controls, but also serious controls which has does not fall back with the core clocks

but i gotta go now and i gotta go write walldow back

so gotta run again

oh yeah, and walldow, could ya send me a .jpg scan of ur card with the sinks off?

i think my card's different again cause in retail it only costs $150 and its an ultra "-cf version", whatever that means...

thanks

qwerty57 said:
walldow I want to see this card "pic's" and the vmod's please...

thanks guys!it wasn't easy the 5700 likes to down clock itself so you have to realy watch how mutch voltage you pump to it its not a heat problem. its the pulse width controler for the mosfets if the voltage jump from 2d mode to 3d mode is to great it will default. you have to get the two d mode as high as you can so the voltage fluctuation dosn't trigger the default mode. once you get a hand on that the rest is cake!

runs extremly cool, the down fall is the 128bit memory bus after about 720 mhz it startst starving for bandwidth!

i can do that!(pics) it will be later tonight i have to drain my setup to clean the raidiator i can pull the card then.i'll have to use my scanner i dont have a digital camera.

That's strange !

Two possible reasons maybe :-

1) He has removed it while he prepares a new score that will blow you away

2) He has blown his own card away and is not getting another and prefers not to be second ( unlike me who is always second it seems :rolleyes:

LOL :)

I was looking forward to a good battle there as well. Will have to see if he returns with more firepower.

Regards

Andy

non retail version of 2k3 ya can only have 1 active project at a time so thats why its not showing lmao I had the 5700u @ over 700mhz core stable without barly any votlage over stock "-50c" load but still give me a few days on some new scores from this 5700u ;).. I have the #1 5900nu@8k showing ATM... and Ive been busy with #1 G4 ever

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7449149

415mhz thur all test strait at 1.92v ddr at 770-788 no mod done there to the ram . A64 3400+ at an "OK" overclock nothing like I was getting on the DI setup or I think I would have broke 22k even tho I was close anyways :)

got a cpu varation issue on the 21.4k one :(

pic's below of cooler and ti4800

g4cooling1.jpg

g4cooling2.jpg

g4cooling3.jpg

Last edited:
well good to see youre not out. i just ran a couple test this morning and hit 5296. i can hit over 5300 but i'm going to need some motivation. hurry up and get that card back up and running.

heres the new score it's gona take 5300 or better to beat my current setup. it's still a couple weeks off before i can splerge on the Athlon 64 system.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1909871

good luck and hope to see ya soon!

thats awsome ya pulling 5300 on a kt600 :)

add my GT1 test power to your score and you have a 5.7k+ score right now :)
so what Im saying is dont get an a64/canterwood to fast ;)

nice scoreage my man.

Yeah nice score walldow, very impressive.

Nice score on the GF4 as well Jason, that is also impressive.

Looking forward to round 2.

Regards

Andy

Back