• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new mobo problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syz

Registered
just got a new IC7-Max3 with some dual channel GIEL ram, installed everything, everything started up to bios, so I set most of my bios settings to my liking (no overclocking yet) then I save and shutdown because i see my cpu fan isnt working. So I go through all my cabling and wires checking everything. Goto turn on again, my motherboard has the green light. Nothing happens though when the power button is pressed. I've done everything I can think of, clearing cmos (several times) taken out sound card, unplugged all cathode lights, checked and rechecked cords from motherboard to power button switch. Can anyone help?
Absolutely nothing happens when I press power button. One other thing, I did set that 'Hot Key lock' where u have to press Control + F1 to turn on computer and enter password. That doesnt work, and I thought clear CMOS would take that away anyway.

syz,

best thing to do in this situation is completely remove the board, cpu from the board, etc, and start all over. Sounds like a hassle but if clearing CMOS for at least 30 seconds with the battery out and the power completely off to the board does not remedy it, I would do it just to be sure.

try a known working power supply also (or try yours in another rig for a moment to make sure its working =)

Travis

welp that did it, unplugged battery, set jumper to clear cmos, unplugged all power, let sit for 15-20 minutes works , thanks for mentioning battery :)

Back