• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC vs Apple - just my opinion ;)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple is like the government telling you what to do? Prolly should have picked guys other than presidents

Mac > PC
Only if you're ignoring price though :p
More efficient OS, easier to use, doesn't use the crappy Bios. I think it uses 24bit? Compared to the BIOS 4 or 8 bit?

Also are you saying that Lincoln is modifiable but Obama isn't? :p

Mac > PC
Only if you're ignoring price though :p
More efficient OS, easier to use, doesn't use the crappy Bios. I think it uses 24bit? Compared to the BIOS 4 or 8 bit?

Also are you saying that Lincoln is modifiable but Obama isn't? :p

LOL

coming from you who has almost been banned for how many times you bash apple..lol

efficient OS is all personal opinion.
easier to use is personal opinion
they use a bios, but just a newer version, which windows 7 also uses and i beleive vista also supported.

Wow, seriously Miahallen?

Anyway, it's easy to say that Lincoln = freedom with the benefit of almost 150 years of time and the common knowledge of 'Lincoln freed the slaves' with the Emancipation Proclamation but detailed history of the time paints him in a harsh light at times, and not just from the South. Suspension of habeus corpus regardless of citizenry is pretty non-freedom-y, oh there was someone else who did something similar recently and he's not pictured here...hmm..

Last edited:
LOL

coming from you who has almost been banned for how many times you bash apple..lol

efficient OS is all personal opinion.
easier to use is personal opinion
they use a bios, but just a newer version, which windows 7 also uses and i beleive vista also supported.

I was young and foolish :p I simply hated macs because I could never afford one.

I'm pretty sure it's not actually a BIOS though, maybe an AIOS?

macs are slower, cant play any good games, horrible for programing, easy to hack and cant be upgraded with any sort of simplicity

macs are slower, cant play any good games, horrible for programing, easy to hack and cant be upgraded with any sort of simplicity

Only slower due to the outdated hardware it uses. If a PC and a Mac had exactly the same specs then the Mac would outperform the PC. Not by much but it would still win.

A load of new games have now come to the Mac. All of Valves games will be available for the Mac and other companies are doing similarly.

I agree it's horrible for programming and very easy to hack.

ok cool you can play valve games on a mac now, highly doubt the gtx 250 can play those new games at high settings, maybe decent settings.

the CPU's are slower
the GPU's are slower (nvidia only makes a couple cards that can be used in macs)
the ram is smaller 4GB is the most ive seen
hard drives are expensive as hell

the reason why mac has so many customers is because 90% of them dont know what ram is ir what 3.0 Ghz means or know the difference between memory and storage. they see a mac and go "oh well my friend has one and likes it so i guess its better"

gts* not gtx.

Like I said, if you're willing to pay the money and buy a Mac and a PC with EXACTLY the same specs (down to the same RAM timings) then the Mac will outperform the PC.

All people I know who have Macs know exactly what they've brought. Just the stereotype is indeed "ooh shiney, I'll buy that then" but stereotypes are almost never correct.

gts* not gtx.

Like I said, if you're willing to pay the money and buy a Mac and a PC with EXACTLY the same specs (down to the same RAM timings) then the Mac will outperform the PC.

Problem is you must pay far more to do that,
AND you are not comparing PC to Mac you are talking WINDOWS to Mac, as with same specs one can run an BSD environment that will blast a Mac and Windows out of the water for speed.

NOW if we go cost for cost. the PC Running Windows will beat a OSX Mac. as you can put superior components in the PC.

The Mac OS is great for some, it infuriates me to no end, as does much of Apples products, I have an iPod Touch, which I hate due to iTunes garbage, and the devices insistence at doing things 1 way and 1 way only, when Blackberry comes out with a Pinch Zoom device my iPod Touch will be for sale, and again my attempt to use apple products will be a fail.

Well obviously if you go cost for cost :p

I love the I-pod touch. I really love it. Don't own one myself but my sister has one and the UI is just amazing. My only gripe, like you mentioned, is the fact that you HAVE to use iTunes which in my eyes is the worst program ever developed.
For that reason I'm sticking with my amazingly awesome bashed up Sansa by sandisk :D Cracked screen, slightly complex UI and has broken several times but nothing a bit of solder can't fix!

I really am hoping that steam going to Macs won't kill off the PC. They won't ever take over the workplace but as a home PC? It just seems like the simpler UI makes day to day tasks a LOT simpler. Did I mention you can make a photo album? (just an jokey interlude :D)

rabblerabbelrabble

Know what would be nice, is if people who think that having fancy high-minded quotes in their signatures makes them smart and informed actually lived by those quotes too. You know, things like putting down or rejecting social programs but then running to them when they are in the type of trouble the programs are designed to help with. Hypocrisy is an ugly thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back