• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 5200+X2 released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm I think I saw this like a week ago and didn't even think of it being a new release.

Personally I have decided to wait for 65nm before I go DC since its supposed to be coming along in December and *I think* I can avoid any upgrade bug until then. Although I might wait alittle bit longer for 65nm opterons.

I'm just guestimating of course, but I would think the 5200 would be oc'able to around 3.2GHz at least. Kinda pricey though.

And you can get the 4800+ for $280 from NewEgg, not bad overall, but the 5000+ @ $500+.... I'd just go for the 4800...

Daddyjaxx said:
I really think, and I hate to say this, Conroe could very well be the death of AMD if they don't come back strong with something that will counter Conroe and Kentsfield.

Yeah right:rolleyes:
You need to go and do your homework before making such ASSumption.
AMD is having hard time keeping up w/ the demand. Next Quarter revenue report will burn a lot of pinkies such as hexus and those suckers counting AMD out. check hexus's confession to safe its face. You dont believe there are paid Intel pushers?
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7004

Spoudazo said:
I don't get it, couldn't you just OC a 3800, 4400, etc?

you could but this chip has a multiplier of 13 so a small overclock of 220 would get ya 2.86

my chip i have now (4200) has a multiplier of 11 and is stock at 2.2 and when i do a small overclocking (which i have set up now) of 220 i only get 2.42

the fx-60 has a multiplier of 14 so basiclly this is a good buy. you can EASILY overclock this to a fx-60.

Daddyjaxx said:
I really think, and I hate to say this, Conroe could very well be the death of AMD if they don't come back strong with something that will counter Conroe and Kentsfield.
LOL, that made me laugh... Wow Intel is on top and everyone thinks AMD is a gonner... Did you forget they just bought ATi... don't ya think they have some plans there? Such as the GFX card setting right on the system bus instead of in a PCI-E slot... If nothing else they have a completly optimized system (CPU, GFX, Chipset) as they will be making it all... I think that could give them a huge jump right there as they can test and tweak any major part of the system... AMD just dropped how much on ATi... that's a big investment... But you have to spend $$$ to make $$$. I am so sick of hearing about Conroe in the AMD section... I am to the point if it performed 1000% better I would not buy one just on principal... Conroe = yawn... I own a 3500+ that still does everything I need it to... Besides benchmarks don't = real world performance... I would guess that 90% of PCs never run a 3D app and if 90% of PC don't need that performance then why would the CPU makers focus on chips that only serve 10% of their market... The money is made on the low/mid range chips sold to OEMs... Selling individual chips to the consumer is only a small part of their market...

If this turns into AMD vs Conroe again I'll start knocking heads together.

Immortal_Hero said:
LOL, that made me laugh... Wow Intel is on top and everyone thinks AMD is a gonner... Did you forget they just bought ATi... don't ya think they have some plans there? Such as the GFX card setting right on the system bus instead of in a PCI-E slot... If nothing else they have a completly optimized system (CPU, GFX, Chipset) as they will be making it all... I think that could give them a huge jump right there as they can test and tweak any major part of the system... AMD just dropped how much on ATi... that's a big investment... But you have to spend $$$ to make $$$. I am so sick of hearing about Conroe in the AMD section... I am to the point if it performed 1000% better I would not buy one just on principal... Conroe = yawn... I own a 3500+ that still does everything I need it to... Besides benchmarks don't = real world performance... I would guess that 90% of PCs never run a 3D app and if 90% of PC don't need that performance then why would the CPU makers focus on chips that only serve 10% of their market... The money is made on the low/mid range chips sold to OEMs... Selling individual chips to the consumer is only a small part of their market...

I completly agree with the conroe statement in AMD section. I don't post here much, mainly becuase im here to learn and do not have a whole bunch of advice to give. However, I feel like im being advertised to everyday in this AMD section. I once posted asking for some feedback on my watercooling loop, and clearly stated I was getting an amd processor for reasons outside of performance and I still got told I should switch to conroe. With rattles comment on this thread, I really wanted to stop coming to this section all together because thats what I feel its being reduced to, a marketing scheme. :rolleyes:

Wickedbear said:
I completly agree with the conroe statement in AMD section. I don't post here much, mainly becuase im here to learn and do not have a whole bunch of advice to give. However, I feel like im being advertised to everyday in this AMD section. I once posted asking for some feedback on my watercooling loop, and clearly stated I was getting an amd processor for reasons outside of performance and I still got told I should switch to conroe. With rattles comment on this thread, I really wanted to stop coming to this section all together because thats what I feel its being reduced to, a marketing scheme. :rolleyes:

a mod already dealt with it. no need to fan the flames or even make mention of it. :)

about the original topic, i think these are priced outside of what an average user here would pay. i doubt we will see overclocking results from our members anytime soon, but they should clock the same as say an fx-62, no? nothing dramatic has been done with the manufacturing process has it?

Back