• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nothing special but I thought he looks so rugged and way too cool be on a nickel.
Testing out a Nikon to Nex adapter on Sony a7
Center cropped, 60mm, f22, 1/50, ISO-400 with flash

21cyrlt.jpg

Had some more lightning last night. Foreground lighting courtesy of the bright lights in front of the local dinosaur museum.

Incidentally, my sensor cleaning swabs have arrived and the sensor filter is dust free once more. Lost my worries over poking swabs down in there in a hurry, because I had to use up half my supply of the swabs pretty much immediately to get all the dust.

DSC_9024.jpg

Last edited:
Went to a car show in Pilot Mountain this weekend. One of many pictures:

T3, EF-S 18-55mm STM, 24mm Focal, 1/400 sec., ISO-100, f/5, Circular Polarizer
IMG_1652_Small.jpg

Nothing special but I thought he looks so rugged and way too cool be on a nickel.
Testing out a Nikon to Nex adapter on Sony a7
Center cropped, 60mm, f22, 1/50, ISO-400 with flash

Very cool shot Sam. I imagine you could get vastly different images using a handful of coins with varied wear on them. Also if you're using an off camera flash, the placement could make some interesting effects.

As part of our town's centennial celebrations, we had two sets of fireworks. This is from the second night, taken just last night.

I really wanted reflections off the river, but that wasn't happening without a much wider angle lens than I currently own. So, I settled for the hood of my 1992 Imperial instead.

DSC_9071.jpg

Two more from Saturday, finally got some time to focus on dad's car with these:

T3, EF-S 18-55mm STM, 23mm Focal, 1/25 sec., ISO-100, f/6.3, Circular Polarizer

IMG_1752_Small.jpg

IMG_1762_Small.jpg

I really like how you framed that top Photo. There's alot going on, but not to much to be distracted. Gorgeous cars too.

I really like how you framed that top Photo. There's alot going on, but not to much to be distracted. Gorgeous cars too.

Thanks Blay!
This really only happened because it was one of the smallest crowds I've seen up there, it was rolling around some serious clouds all day.

Amazing what kind of crowd and cars little ol' Pilot Mountain can draw on a nice day!

+1, the first one was perfectly framed. The second one is a great shot of the car, but the background is distracting and could be much better. If you took that shot of the car and had water or woods, or something without a chain link fence/bldg/parkinglot, it would be the perfect shot. The car itself in that shot is very nice though.

+1, the first one was perfectly framed. The second one is a great shot of the car, but the background is distracting and could be much better. If you took that shot of the car and had water or woods, or something without a chain link fence/bldg/parkinglot, it would be the perfect shot. The car itself in that shot is very nice though.

Thanks Hokie
I really wish I could have gotten it somewhere else where the mountain could be seen in the background, but couldn't get to a spot for that.

I was thinking maybe some post editing and just blur the background or even a black and white might look cool like that.

I have other shots of this storm from last night. Many with cloud to ground lightning. I have other shots of the later storm that had frequent and close cloud to ground lightning in the right side of the frame.

But this, I think, is the shot of the night. Colors have not been altered - that's the way it really looked out there.

DSC_9532.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Breathtaking.

BTW my wife wants to be a storm chaser and she's in love with your shots. LOL Just thought you'd like to know.

ATMINSIDE, If you mind....I thought it would be interesting since a driver is the car doing some serious actions...why not have some vroooom.

maa3va.jpg

Back