• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4P Systems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

What are you guys with these systems having them do when no more BA units are coming? I have one sitting idle, and was about to get another system. Does that make any sense now?

Something must be wrong with the server because when there is no BA units it should default to SMP and keep on crunching, with lower points of course.

What about some sort of CPU mining? I have a H8DGU-F motherboard and one working 6174 Opteron of two purchased on fleabay. (So I am also interested in what you find out)

The server went down, in theory the client should drop back to SMP. However the nature of the fault meant that no work could be uploaded, v7 would have possibly mitigated this by getting SMP work but v6 would just sit there

Come the day when no more BigAdv WU's will be had, I'll just have my 4P do A3 and A4 WU's and keep pluging on, and should BigAdv's come back, I'll be ready. :comp:

Well my fastest rig, a 2p E5 v2 with 48 threads @2.4 is currently doing 200k on 8574, given that I think I will be staying where I am :) Haven't seen any 4p numbers but have to be near 300k

You can do lots of things on a 4P system other than FAH. So even if you build one now, you'll have a powerful platform for years to come to do your bidding.

You can do lots of things on a 4P system other than FAH.
What for example? Like if F@h enthusiast that has 4p at home, stops folding on it, what can he do with it instead?

What for example? Like if F@h enthusiast that has 4p at home, stops folding on it, what can he do with it instead?

Well once -bigadv WU's are gone you can go to less productive WU's or repurpose the platform as a high power workstation. Photoshop, rendering, bitmining, data crunching, etc. Even if the FAH uses aren't long lasting, this machine will still be very useful in most high power computing applications for years after it's been depreciated by the ever evolving needs of Stanford's FAH program.

Back