• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound from Roccat Kave headset (true 5.1) sometimes gone, until you restart app.

• Thread starter Deleted member 94297
  • Start date
Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Deleted member 94297

Hi. Sometimes sound from front/rear right speaker is gona from this headset. Happens randomly. It is back, when you restart the application. A player, a game whatever. What could be the problem?

I have k-lite codec pack installed by the way...

Possible driver/codec conflicts.

Codec packs can cause a lot of unseen problems like this, until the problems crop up intermittently and annoy the crap out of you. I'd suggest starting by ensuring you have the latest drivers, then remove the k-lite codec pack. If you encounter a filetype you cannot play, use gspot to get the exact codec you need.

At first this will be a pain, but there will only be a few codecs you actually need is what you should find before long - and random issues like you are seeing may no longer occur.

Could also be a physical problem, loose wires or something - but if restarting the software fixes it, then its more likely you are running into a software conflict with drivers/codecs.

Thanks for reply.

I think I've solved it. Seems like it conflicts with WMP 12. It's working okay with other players. :)

Back