• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Roccat KAVE no surround or base

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Razor2802

Hey. I have a Roccat KAVE 5.1 surround headset but i cant get it to work. When i try the sound demo that comes with the headset i don't get any control of the sound at all. When i pull the sliders up and down nothing happens. except the "Front" slider witch turns the whole volume up and down just like the main volume control. My thought then is that only the front speaker is being used... It doesn't hear like anything near 5.1 surround. I am using on-board sound on a ASUS P7P55D-e LX motherboard. The headset also have a vibration unit that activates when it hears base sounds, and the controller for this is the "sub" slider, but i havent experienced any movement at all...
Please HELP, i dont know what to do :bang head

(PS) do i need a sound card??

hey mate i had the same hing with mine a week ago, make sure your plugs are in properly, mine were out just a little.

Also in your sound settings
If you have Asus MB then u may have
VIA Aus HD Audio deck software u will need to change that to 5.1 sorround by going to expert mode on the left hand side

then find the speakers icon and choose 5 or 6
once u apply this it should work

if you dont have ull have to go into the windows sound setting and change

YOU DONT NEED A SOUND CARD

Hope this helps

BTW
check if your headset microphone makes some weird noise, kind of like a whistle, because mine does :S

Back