• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a GAMING HEADSET & SOUNDCARD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What on earth xD

Give me a moment to wake from my laziness, Im skipping classes today waiting for exams next week lol. I think I saw a cheap little audio out bay slot

What on earth xD

Give me a moment to wake from my laziness, Im skipping classes today waiting for exams next week lol. I think I saw a cheap little audio out bay slot

case's cheap as f*ck .. dont ask :DD

I was thinking of the Essence, not the Phoebus for front panel. You just planned on using your speakers for front panel right? Not the headphones?

If yes, then do what was mentioned by someone else I believe, use onboard for speakers as the easiest alleviation.

I have another option, but, it might require too much to bother with :p

Last edited:
I was thinking of the Essence, not the Phoebus for front panel. You just planned on using your speakers for front panel right? Not the headphones?

If yes, then do what was mentioned by someone else I believe, use onboard for speakers as the easiest alleviation.

but wouldn't it cause interference between one and another?
I read that enabling realtek onboard along with the phoebus can cause issues via Windows.. so its not recommended at all

Direct-interference, no. You will just need to set the Phoebus in Playback Devices as the Default. I know Raja over @ RoG keeps saying remove anything and everything else audio related, and while I have not tested onboard while running Phoebus I have consistently run NVIDIA's HD Audio through HDMI and it has not messed with the Phoebus.

Running both will also give you the option of setting seperate volume levels, 1 of headphones and 1 for speakers.

Direct-interference, no. You will just need to set the Phoebus in Playback Devices as the Default. I know Raja over @ RoG keeps saying remove anything and everything else audio related, and while I have not tested onboard while running Phoebus I have consistently run NVIDIA's HD Audio through HDMI and it has not messed with the Phoebus.

Running both will also give you the option of setting seperate volume levels, 1 of headphones and 1 for speakers.

I meant Driver-wise.. if I install realtek drivers for my m-board while the phoebus's drivers are active as well .. hope u got what I mean

Worst comes to worst you just uninstall the Realtek if it causes any actual issues.

Ok, I managed to connect both, just plugged the system to Front .. (5th jack from the left)
and its works just fine, lets talk settings

first of all, should I use this Dolby Home utility thingie? because the profile for music sounds crap :D

and in the phoebus driver, I understand that music is produced @ 16bits mostly. 44.1khz I guess ? what about FLACS? (most of my music is flac )

for games I read I should set 192khz & 24bits ? and how what about ohms when using the headset? normal/high/extra high ? Mic sample rates :S ?

and I understand that dolby home theater and phoebus profiles are somehow connected, which should I use for what? there's the GAME general profile, and there are sections of FPS etc etc , movies & music sound really ****.. (hi-fi is just unspeakable :D )

Last edited:
To answer your question, Dolby Home Theater is COMPLETELY up to you to use. I personally do not tend to use CMSS-3D from Creative or a lot of Dolby Surround on the ASUS cards. When using my HD 598's I set my DHTv4 to Music, then uncheck absolutely EVERYTHING except Surround Virtualizer Headphones, and then I move the slider under the N in HEADPHONES. It gave the 598's a slightly brighter tone in the highs that I preferred, but that was just personal preference. With my DT990's I just leave Dolby Home Theater OFF, and you may actually prefer it off, it's personal preference.

When you open up the Phoebus application, right click Headphones and click on Sample Rate. Just set it to 192 KH / 24 Bits. When you go to Headphone Settings to select the Amperage Gain, I use Extra High Gain due to my DT990's being 600ohm. Your PC360's sit at 50ohm, so you can leave it on Normal Gain (which you can indicate by the Light on the sound card lighting up "Xonar Phoebus" in Blue, when you turn it on High Gain or Extra High, the lettering will turn Red). If you want the louder sound at lower Volume ranges, you CAN select High Gain, should be rather safe as headphone drivers are somewhat harder to kill than speakers. Just don't go too nuts with it and use your headphones for speakers :p

As for the profiles, they are all just custom profiles, that is all. You can set the EQ, or use the Intelligent EQ, Surround, etc. etc. As I mentioned previously, I don't mess much with DHTv4, I use the Surround Virtualizer slider @ N under Headphones for the 598's but outside of that I don't mess with it.

mic settings ? :p

and by off u mean u use HI-FI @ phoebus driver.. :D it sounds .. weird

btw, the volume leveler I didn't quite get what it is.. and by EVERYTHING u mean graphic EQ as well? and INTELLIGENT EQ ?

Last edited:
I just have my mic set to 96 / 24.

As far as the Phoebus app profiles, I BELIEVE, I could be wrong, but I believe the HI-FI setting removes extra sound adjustments. Which is where it is recommended. Anything as far as EQ you can just edit in DHTv4.

If you feel you LIKE the sound with any of the Intelligent EQ options, by all means use it! It is what sounds best to YOUR ears, as everyone perceives sound differently.

Pic below included for what I used with my HD598's.

Attachments

• phoebus.jpg
    phoebus.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 35
I just have my mic set to 96 / 24.

As far as the Phoebus app profiles, I BELIEVE, I could be wrong, but I believe the HI-FI setting removes extra sound adjustments. Which is where it is recommended. Anything as far as EQ you can just edit in DHTv4.

If you feel you LIKE the sound with any of the Intelligent EQ options, by all means use it! It is what sounds best to YOUR ears, as everyone perceives sound differently.

Pic below included for what I used with my HD598's.

how should I know what to set my mic to..? xD a lot of people are having issues with their mic and the phoebus (but that's control box related I THINK)

I set Microphone Boost to 0 and set Microphone Volume to max (30.00), I haven't heard any complaints from people in games such as Battlefield 4 or in TeamSpeak/Ventrilo/Skype.

wait but if I use the sound system so I should uncheck the HEADPHONES setting as well.. and then its Hi-Fi lmao

If I understand you correctly, when using the speakers hooked up to the Center channel, just uncheck Headphones and make sure Speakers is checked.

If you are using the speakers I would uncheck headphones, that way you don't crank the volume too much on them by accident with both running. Unless I missed the point of what you were asking xD

Back