• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LED Light strip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

insanemonkey

What I am looking for is an LED bar/strip where each led can be controlled individually. It would be nice if it is either 8 or 16 LEDs. Does anyone know if someone makes something like that. Now I could just make it myself, but if I could get it pre-built it would really help me out.

Thank you,

This might be the wrong forum and if it is please move it.

What do you mean by controlled individually? Like on and off, or differnt colours?

I think so he can do like a light show sorta thing... I know they have them just not sure proper name to search for... like christmas lights do... I would just make yourself that way it's exactly what you need/want...

if you are looking for that type of things they are sorta hard to come by the easiest thing to do would be to make one. Not sure exactly what youre looking for but automotive stores have whats called an led scanner thhey come in many different sizes and phase back and forth and many other things theyre 12 volts. http://www.streetglow.com/s.nl?c=460445&sc=2&category=&search=scanners

hopefully thats what youre looking for

I think what the OP wants is an RGB controller and RGB LED's that can be controlled for various colour and lighting effects

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. This was for a project to automatically notify someone if a vehicle was stopped at a certain location. I moved away from the lighting system and to simulating a press of the intercom button and flashing lights to draw the attention of the customer to the intercom. This was done with a combination of timers and relays.

Back