• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT7A-R Won't Install Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dagon

I'm having problems installing Xp on my RAID Array. It installs W2k fine, but I've tried installing XP using f6 and providing the highpoint XP drivers, and I've tried with the built in drivers.. Both situations give the same result. The install program copies all the files okay, but when it tries to boot off the RAID array all I get is a blank screen (no HD noise either). I'm running the 3r BIOS, and a old PCI ATI RAGE video card. I'm not OC'd and I also turned off Pnp OS option in the BIOS. Any suggestions?

How about upgrading to the lastest bios? Some seem to have had some problems installing and they upgraded to their lastest bios and it work great for them.

Update: I could get it to install using the built in RAID drivers and get this: Changing the RAID array to PIO 4!

When I try to change the array back to UDMA 5 I get missing files etc, and I have to reinstall.

This is really pathetic, I'm going back to W2k.... XP sucks!

i have also heard that xp doesnt have support for the ide filter drivers so you get only half the performance.

meybe that will change soon

Back